Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 08:22 PM

116 posts, read 196,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsiChik View Post
If I wanted the best I'd attend the University of Cincinatti's architecture program.

......if you could get in.........or afford it.........

Old 02-22-2014, 08:25 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,827 times
Quote:
I can't afford much and I am currently unemployed, but it's difficult to look for work while sleeping in my truck (with a dog and a cat). My budget is about $0-$350 per month. I'm fine with not so nice as I am willing to clean, paint do a bit of work if I need too. I don't need much space; even a studio would work for me. I have a truck but prefer to cycle everywhere (and I may not have the truck for long).
I am not sure if you will have any luck being able to rent an apartment without a stable job. I am hoping that you can find some place that will allow you to rent just a room and that has a place for your dog and cat. That is going to be a bit tough but I am sure somewhere in the city of Houston there is a place. How to connect you to that place I really have no idea. I wish people would focus on helping you vs. wanting to point the finger and question you.

People she is in need of finding a way to help herself and her pets make it in a new city. If you can't offer help then why post here?

Old 02-22-2014, 08:26 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
So I'm assumming Goode's is not corporate owned?

Our Start

Well they have a corporate office but not sure what you mean by corporate owned? You mean like a restaurant chain? There are many family owned restaurants in Houston that have become so successful that they have branched out into other states. But they are still family owned. Pappasitos, Houston's Restaurant, and the Pappas brothers all have restaurants all over Houston and have branched out to other states.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,252,012 times
Quote:
What exactly makes you assume that I go from "place to place" without any stability?
Maybe it's because you drove half way across the country with two animals in a 16 year old pickup to a city where you know no one, in need of cash ASAP, hoping you'll land a job, haven't bathed in a few days, and have more than a passing acquaintance with sleeping in parking lots. Just sayin'

Old 02-22-2014, 08:36 PM

OP if you don't mind me asking how young are you?

Old 02-22-2014, 08:42 PM

6,290 posts, read 7,494,183 times
Quote:
If I wanted the best I'd attend the University of Cincinatti's architecture program.
Top 20 Architecture, Undergraduate

1. Cornell University
2. Southern California Institute of Architecture
3. Rice University
3. Syracuse University
5. California Polytechnic State Univ., San Luis Obispo[*]9. Auburn University

Top 20 Architecture, Graduate

10. University of Cincinnati
11. University of Michigan
11. University of Texas at Austin
13. Kansas State University
14. University of Kansas
15. University of Pennsylvania
15. Rice University
15. Princeton University

Don't tell us you have a degree in architecture ?

2013 United States Best Architecture Schools | ArchDaily

Old 02-22-2014, 08:45 PM

21 posts, read 23,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Maybe it's because you drove half way across the country with two animals in a 16 year old pickup to a city where you know no one, in need of cash ASAP, hoping you'll land a job, haven't bathed in a few days, and have more than a passing acquaintance with sleeping in parking lots. Just sayin'
So apparently I mentioned a number of other places I went to first before I came here and just forgot that I wrote them down.....

Old 02-22-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I am not sure if you will have any luck being able to rent an apartment without a stable job. I am hoping that you can find some place that will allow you to rent just a room and that has a place for your dog and cat. That is going to be a bit tough but I am sure somewhere in the city of Houston there is a place. How to connect you to that place I really have no idea. I wish people would focus on helping you vs. wanting to point the finger and question you.

People she is in need of finding a way to help herself and her pets make it in a new city. If you can't offer help then why post here?
Not to mention that it makes Houston (and Texas) look bad.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
OP if you don't mind me asking how young are you?
I'm guessing you are asking me...
I'd type it here but I'd probably be judged for that too. And apparently I've already maxed out my direct messaging since they only allow one

Old 02-22-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Not to mention that it makes Houston (and Texas) look bad.
Now now just because there are a few posters on CD that are questioning you...believe me this in no way represents Houston or Texas. Generalizations are BS and you should know that by now.

My advice to you is to be very careful because Houston is a very fast paced and there is crime in Houston. Every type of human that you can image you can find in Houston. I hope you are big city street smart because you will need that living on the streets of Houston.

Granted there are a lot of very nice people in Houston there are also very shady people. Be wise and don't put yourself in harms way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston