Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 06:47 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,837,799 times

Advertisements

^Oh, I know there has been some overreaction to the luxury apartments. And they don't bother me at all, personally. At the same time, the land in much of the unincorporated areas immediately outside of Sugar Land (with Richmond addresses) has become too expensive for anything less than standard to go up. Sugar Land has run out of room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 09:40 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
^Oh, I know there has been some overreaction to the luxury apartments. And they don't bother me at all, personally. At the same time, the land in much of the unincorporated areas immediately outside of Sugar Land (with Richmond addresses) has become too expensive for anything less than standard to go up. Sugar Land has run out of room.
This is why the Jester Units need to go. With the money from the sale from the units, they can build two new psychiatric prisons on the east side of the metro area so they close enough to get qualified professionals, but the other prisoners can go to more rural areas in the state.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:33 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,837,799 times
Default Update

Preliminary plans unveiled for Fort Bend County's newest master-planned community - Community Impact Newspaper

Updated April 17 to include latest news from Johnson Development

The Johnson Development Corporation is moving forward with its plans to develop Fort Bend County's newest master-planned community. The community—Harvest Green—will be developed west of the Grand Parkway at West Airport Boulevard. The first phase of development is expected to include the extension of West Airport Boulevard to Harlem Road, along with construction of several other internal roadways, said Shay Shafie, general manager with Johnson Development.
"We are still in the planning stages," he said. "We want this community to promote healthy living. We want to make this a walkable community that allows residents to get outside and stay healthy."
In addition to bringing nearly 2,000 new homes, Harvest Green is expected to feature a variety of amenities, such as hike and bike trails, water features and a possible community garden upon build-out, according to Johnson Development.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:55 PM

156 posts, read 317,814 times
I'm wondering what is the price range for Harvest Green. Hoping and hoping...

Old 03-25-2015, 04:08 PM

203 posts, read 337,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies105 View Post
I'm wondering what is the price range for Harvest Green. Hoping and hoping...

It seems it will be high 290s-600s.

Johnson Development moves forward with Imperial and Harvest Green | Fort Bend Southwest Star Newspaper

Old 03-26-2015, 12:58 PM

59 posts, read 99,094 times
So...I keep reading about talks of selling the prison/land. Has it happened already? In the works?

Also, anyone know which builders are going into Harvest Green yet or too early still?

Old 03-26-2015, 01:13 PM

203 posts, read 337,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilInSaf View Post
So...I keep reading about talks of selling the prison/land. Has it happened already? In the works?

Also, anyone know which builders are going into Harvest Green yet or too early still?

I read something a while back about that land being sold. That prison is for inmates serving out their last few months of their sentence so it shouldn't be much of a concern although it's still a prison.

Builders will be high end I imagine since their starting prices will be in the high 200s.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:31 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmILost View Post
What are the advantages of being *in* Sugarland as opposed to just outside Sugarland?
Because Sugar Land is sweet.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:29 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Johnson View Post
Are there Section 8 housing coming into the area anytime soon If Hillary gets elected you can count on them sooner then later.
You need to work on your trolling. The key is subtlety.

"Leroy Johnson"

"Sector 8 housing"

"Hilary"

Old 04-15-2015, 10:05 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Johnson View Post
Are there Section 8 housing coming into the area anytime soon If Hillary gets elected you can count on them sooner then later.
Do they paid you by the post count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston