Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 10:18 AM

203 posts, read 337,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Johnson View Post
Are there Section 8 housing coming into the area anytime soon If Hillary gets elected you can count on them sooner then later.

You should be happy then, "Leroy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 02:00 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley2013 View Post
I read something a while back about that land being sold. That prison is for inmates serving out their last few months of their sentence so it shouldn't be much of a concern although it's still a prison.
Jester off 99 has? Are you sure you're not thinking of the Central unit in Sugar Land near the airport?
The latter was closed and will become more business parks I believe. But not Jester, that I know of.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:49 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
Jester off 99 has? Are you sure you're not thinking of the Central unit in Sugar Land near the airport?
The latter was closed and will become more business parks I believe. But not Jester, that I know of.
I was wondering the same thing.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:38 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,989 times
The development is called Harvest Green by Johnson Development. Google it.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:43 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
The development is called Harvest Green by Johnson Development. Google it.
See a website, but not much on there yet.

Harvest Green : Master Planned Community in Fort Bend County

Too bad that's all in Houston ETJ. I don't understand why Sugar Land and Richmond don't ask Houston to release more of their far-flung ETJ like they did for New Territory.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:11 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,982,728 times
I am under the impression they are putting this back on back burner due to current market environment. The imperial development is not selling so well.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:13 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,237,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
I am under the impression they are putting this back on back burner due to current market environment. The imperial development is not selling so well.
Imperial is horribly overpriced for what it is.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:15 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,237,060 times
Quote:
How is resale market in Telfair doing these days? Thought Clements rezoning would help. Nevertheless, think Telfair is good location for the long haul.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:58 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
See a website, but not much on there yet.

Harvest Green : Master Planned Community in Fort Bend County

Too bad that's all in Houston ETJ. I don't understand why Sugar Land and Richmond don't ask Houston to release more of their far-flung ETJ like they did for New Territory.
This is a discussion probably better suited for another thread, but I imagine Houston is very keen to keep their limited purpose annexation holds in Fort Bend county - a tax base of commercial business without the headache of having to provide city services pesky residents clamor for (/s). I doubt Sugar Land or Richmond would be interested in annexing just the residential areas if they couldn't get any of that sweet sweet commercial tax income.

As it stands, I foresee these swathes of land being in Houston's ETJ for the long foreseeable future - if you're Houston, why take on MUD debt when you can just tax the nearby businesses instead? And if you're Sugar Land / Richmond, why convince a city to release their residential ETJs to you when you won't get to tax the nearby businesses?

For the record, I think Houston's far reaching ETJ is excessive. Past Hempstead? Out to FM 359 on FM 1093? Really?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:01 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,989 times
Quote:

You would be incorrect. "Current Market Environment?" You mean the environment where inventory is still at record lows and sales are still strong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston