Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:48 AM

684 posts, read 2,110,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3inreno View Post
Hello...I am now in Texas!! We moved to Auburn Lakes in Spring and like it so far. Very close to shopping in the Woodlands. My daughter's school is great. We had to make a quick choice as our house rented and the tenants wanted us out within 3 weeks. Thanks for all your advice. By the way, Lake Conroe was just too far away from what we wanted. Maybe some years down the line it will be a good match for us. It is definately nice out there.
This is SO great!!! In the last year, you, Topaz, and ourselves have gratefully gotten through this forum the information, advise, and encouragement, sometimes solice, to make our dreams and plans, however different, come true!!!

Let's all three of us make sure others get the info too!! Update information as we get it!! City-data rocks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 12:50 AM

179 posts, read 858,377 times
Default Wp

How does Woodlands Pkwy end in Montgomery?

It ends in Magnolia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyboo View Post
i grew up in the Woodlands and my parents now live in montgomery since my mom now works in Huntsville. Try the Montgomery area. More land, cheaper taxes which means more affordable housing. Newer highschool that looks nice but don't know the stats on it but I'm sure you can find that out.

Montgomery is growing really fast and there are many neigborhoods under construction. new shopping center just opened there too. Woodlands Parkway literally ends at Montgomery. You still get the benefit of Shopping in the Woodlands but with all the new shopping they have in montgomery and conroe you won't need it eventually.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:15 PM

40 posts, read 203,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22bless View Post
How does Woodlands Pkwy end in Montgomery?

It ends in Magnolia.
That's right. Woodlands Parkway ends at 2978, definitely in Magnolia.

momof3inreno, welcome to Texas and I'm glad you found a place you enjoy.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:01 AM

130 posts, read 455,711 times
Retirees live in many places in the area. On my street alone, there are three retired families and one other about to retire. I have not chosen this place as a retirement home, but don't want to move, because I enjoy being around a mixture of people, working households and retired ones alike. The amenities are also excellent here in TW. Working households like to have us around. We are eyes on the block and help in community activities. It give some of us a sense of contributing back into the community, so added value in retirement.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:50 AM

18 posts, read 55,988 times
Without reading what anybody else has written, the Conroe school district also is the same school district that governs the schools in The Woodlands.

If you are considering the Conroe area, I would recommend you NOT get into the Willis school district. May be improving, but still not up to par.

The Montgomery School district is also a good choice with their area surrounding the west and south of the lake. There are some gated communities (April Sound) and areas you can get right on the water. You could also get a large track of land and custom build.

The commute from The Woodlands to Conroe would be about the same distance from Montgomery into downtown Conroe.

I think the value for money is definitely in Montgomery.

~Francis

Old 06-23-2009, 06:36 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
I know of a few families that left TW for Montgomery.

Old 09-29-2018, 06:45 AM

1 posts, read 431 times
We moved to the Woodlands Area when my son was starting his Jr High and my daughter's senior year - because of the schools. My daughter did end up graduating from Caney Creek High School with her life-long friends. However both of my children knew kids in Caney Creek High school and Conroe High School too. Caney Creek High School was nick-named "Caney Crack High", and Conroe High School's nickname wasn't much better. My son started out in Oak Ridge High School, but we moved to the City of Shenandoah (literally 2 minutes from The Woodlands) so that he could go to College Park High School. Shenandoah is an excellent kid-friendly neighborhood and it has fantastic schools - my son graduated last year and we've never regretted the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston