Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 07:08 PM

69 posts, read 127,933 times

Advertisements

it has been such a pill trying to find a concrete contractor to be (1) reliable and (2) fairly priced for a small job. i'd like to do about 250 sqft job for my backyard just to finally have a decent patio space where i currently have none.

i have attempted to work with three different contractors now (1) was often late or cancelled appointments to see my property (2) kept changing the price and wouldnt answer my calls and (3) wanted to do a contract with this guy but he never showed up or answered my calls and randomly sent me a text message that he was sorry.

THIS IS A NIGHTMARE! i really just want a patio but im having no luck finding anyone reliable. any suggestions on where to look or recommendations of contractors that could do a job such as this? i have tried craigslist and homeadvisors and failures between the two.

any feedback would be appreciated!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 08:35 PM

26 posts, read 50,020 times
I have just started shopping around for my patio extension (basic concrete) of similar size as yours. A couple of well known companies around town have told me of a long wait of 8-10 weeks due to summer time. But I'm not buying that story. Today i got a $2000 quote for 10x20 patio with a waiting list of 8 weeks. In process of researching private contractors....will pass on the contract if I come across anything.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:43 AM

that would be really appreciated! its been such a pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortitude82 View Post
I have just started shopping around for my patio extension (basic concrete) of similar size as yours. A couple of well known companies around town have told me of a long wait of 8-10 weeks due to summer time. But I'm not buying that story. Today i got a $2000 quote for 10x20 patio with a waiting list of 8 weeks. In process of researching private contractors....will pass on the contract if I come across anything.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 AM

115 posts, read 228,347 times
I used Aztec decorative Concrete for my patio but that's for stamped concrete... not sure if they do just a concrete slab but it wouldn't hurt to ask. They were professional throughout the process.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseINweeds View Post

it has been such a pill trying to find a concrete contractor to be (1) reliable and (2) fairly priced for a small job. i'd like to do about 250 sqft job for my backyard just to finally have a decent patio space where i currently have none.

i have attempted to work with three different contractors now (1) was often late or cancelled appointments to see my property (2) kept changing the price and wouldnt answer my calls and (3) wanted to do a contract with this guy but he never showed up or answered my calls and randomly sent me a text message that he was sorry.

THIS IS A NIGHTMARE! i really just want a patio but im having no luck finding anyone reliable. any suggestions on where to look or recommendations of contractors that could do a job such as this? i have tried craigslist and homeadvisors and failures between the two.

any feedback would be appreciated!!!!
Contractors!!! (Yes, not all contractors, but a lot of them).

The last person I used for concrete (I've used 4 different ones for different projects) was a guy named Juan and his number is (was) 281-570-5038.

I used him for doing two sets of concrete stairs. One set is in the photo below.

His price was good and he showed up. The problem was that he didn't do the job exactly as I specified. He didn't go out far enough with the stairs and "railing". You can see the color change of when they had to reform and add.

The good news is that he fixed the issue; however, you don't want a second pour like that, so it should have been done properly the first time.

I would use him again, I'd just make sure to draw everything up really good and make it crystal clear what you want.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:26 AM

259 posts, read 350,243 times
The construction industry is really picking up steam again post-recession. Contractors have plenty of work coming in, so when a small project like yours comes along, they either show no interest in it, or they give you a really high bid and see if you bite.

Here's some more to try: Concrete Contractors Accredited Businesses in Greater Houston and South Texas

Depending on what exactly you are trying to do, you might be able to do it yourself. There are plenty of DIY guides out there for this sort of thing. It might take a weekend of moderately hard work, but you could save yourself a lot of money and the stress of dealing with a contractor.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:58 AM

thank you! however, I did try Aztec initially but they don't do slabs just decorative. love their work though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottc777 View Post
I used Aztec decorative Concrete for my patio but that's for stamped concrete... not sure if they do just a concrete slab but it wouldn't hurt to ask. They were professional throughout the process.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:59 AM

thank you for sharing this! im going to attempt to give him a call and see if that is still a good reference number. thank you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Contractors!!! (Yes, not all contractors, but a lot of them).

The last person I used for concrete (I've used 4 different ones for different projects) was a guy named Juan and his number is (was) 281-570-5038.

I used him for doing two sets of concrete stairs. One set is in the photo below.

His price was good and he showed up. The problem was that he didn't do the job exactly as I specified. He didn't go out far enough with the stairs and "railing". You can see the color change of when they had to reform and add.

The good news is that he fixed the issue; however, you don't want a second pour like that, so it should have been done properly the first time.

I would use him again, I'd just make sure to draw everything up really good and make it crystal clear what you want.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:00 AM

I had not attempted to try BB before, so ill def run through this list and hopefully find someone. I am huge on doing diy but I don't think this one project that I want to take on without a bit of experience, so im willing to pay a bit of the premium to avoid the trial and error on this one.

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampac66 View Post
The construction industry is really picking up steam again post-recession. Contractors have plenty of work coming in, so when a small project like yours comes along, they either show no interest in it, or they give you a really high bid and see if you bite.

Here's some more to try: Concrete Contractors Accredited Businesses in Greater Houston and South Texas

Depending on what exactly you are trying to do, you might be able to do it yourself. There are plenty of DIY guides out there for this sort of thing. It might take a weekend of moderately hard work, but you could save yourself a lot of money and the stress of dealing with a contractor.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:07 AM

26 posts, read 50,020 times
Default Any success yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseINweeds View Post
that would be really appreciated! its been such a pain!

Hello,

Have you had any success with your patio extension?

I am in process of getting estimates with the accredited concrete contractor list provided by another comment here. Here are couple more for you to try if you haven't already reached out to them.

Tomas Muniz 7136431608 contact person - Rita

Increte 2814993990

SJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston