Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 06:24 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,489,277 times

Advertisements

There isn't a cupcake shop up there in the market street thing yet? They're all over the place in town.

Red Velvet Cupcakes from Fresh Market are a big hit around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 08:56 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip808 View Post
Hubbell & Hudson shut down.

Woodlands shocker: Landmark grocery store is suddenly closing - CultureMap Houston

Was a losing money operation from day 1.
Googled it before posting to see if it was still there. This didn't come up. I haven't been in TW town center in a couple years. I live down on the coast nowadays.

Seemed like it was doing a decent business though.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:28 AM

232 posts, read 463,063 times
Whole Foods is coming to The Woodlands in 2015. There is no Rice Epicurean or Central Market in The Woodlands.

Here are just a few of the bakeries in The Woodlands:

Gigi's Cupcakes is in The Woodlands in Cochran's Crossing: Gigi's Cupcakes The Woodlands Houston Texas wedding custom cupcakes caterer bakery

There's The Cupcake Cowgirls in the back of The Woodlands: The Cupcake Cowgirls

Frost Bake Shoppe in Indian Springs: Frost Bake Shoppe

The Woodlands Gourmet Bakery & Cafe: Gourmet Bakery & Café | Live like a Parisian

Perfect Blend Bakery and Cafe: Perfect Blend Bakery Cafe | spring, TX 77380

Old 05-23-2014, 08:40 AM

1,336 posts, read 6,444,743 times
In the Klein/Tomball/Cypress area...Whole Foods opening in Vintage Park on June 25th.

Nothing Bundt Cake Opening in the Vintage as well.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:00 PM

372 posts, read 710,355 times
Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:44 PM

Hi all, I wanted to update how the weekend went. I had to find a nice cake and cupcakes on a tight budget and I want to thank everyone who gave me advice. My daughter graduated from her Virtual High School and I had no idea about what was where. My mother has lived near Houston for many years on the edge near Cypress. What I discovered this weekend, Houston is sprawling and you really need to know where your going. It is amazing how much growth that has occurred in the last 20 years. We never really ventured all the way to Houston when visiting my mother and just stunned me how mammoth the place is when we were taking streets everywhere. What sort of shocks me is the lack of Whole Foods closer to Cypress and just 1 Central Market. So much population going out towards my mother's home and I can see Whole Foods going over well there. I could actually see too, a Market Street going in Cypress, Lakewood Forest and The Woodlands. That chain fresh bakes and would be a smash hit. JMO. I decided to order from Central Market. I got a 9 inch, 3 layer Chocolate Mousse Cake with white butter cream icing with black fancy c's all over the sides with a flat top. It was GORGEOUS! I also bought 3 dozen chocolate cupcakes with the same white butter cream icing. Everything looked amazing. The butter cream icing was fresh and had no resemblance to any store chain bakery. It was the best icing I have ever had on a cake ( and I have eaten custom cakes yes) I paid 64.00. That in my eyes was a bargain, I could have saved time and paid more, closer. I see the trade off but it was done. I have no regrets. I would love to show a picture.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:02 AM

Here is the cake and cupcakes. Much taller in real life.
Attached Thumbnails
Upscale grocery stores?-cake-.jpg  

Old 06-04-2014, 06:15 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,137,225 times
There are lots of stores around Houston that have good bakeries. But there are also tons of actual bakeries that have even better baked goods. I would search those out as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston