Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 01:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,432 times

Advertisements

Hi there. We moved to Katy few months ago from another state. Pretty soon we realized that we made a big mistake with picking location. We only had one week to find something and I guess we got what we got. We need a place by fall but we starting to look already so we can pick a perfect place this time. I work in Galleria and he works [Mod cut: exact address not needed] I10 and the beltway. So far we ve been looking at galleria, actual downtown with high rises(not sure what the area is called) and rice village..main concern at this point is, I dont want him to have a miserable time comuting to work. I work everynings so I usually miss traffic. We like houses and apartments. The highest we d like to pay is 1500. We arent set on anything yet , except for living in posh apartments sounds appealing since we wont be able to experience that later in life. Anyways, please share you ideas if you have any. Thank you if you take time to read this and respond.

Last edited by elnina; 06-29-2014 at 03:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 11:27 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,734,008 times
I would think you want to be around 610/I-10 interchange area so you each have an easy commute. I know someone who used to live here and liked it: Welcome to Stonewood Apartments Stonewood on TC Jester. Might be worth looking into. It would be around a 20 minute commute for each of you depending on time of day.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:32 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,239,428 times
Perfect location would be West of Galleria. There are a number of apartment complexes along San Felipe between Voss and Sage and several on Voss between San Felipe and Westheimer. Some are very posh and some are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston