Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:13 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,696,041 times

Advertisements

I still don't understand all the poor service. I get great reliable service from Comcast. I have had them for about 15 years. Yes, they are expensive. The alternatives are just as expensive. U-verse is the only service that can compete with Comcast. My parents had U-verse and switched back to Comcast. Though I know many who say U-verse is better.

I wish I could get Verizon Fios, but they stopped their roll out years ago. Maybe I can move to NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 08:58 AM

222 posts, read 418,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloC View Post
I've just realized that my 50mbs internet connection never reached that speed. The best I'm getting is 10mbps.
And this pissed me off... I'm paying extra bucks for the extra speed and I don't get even close to what I'm paying for.

It is time to loose my 75 bucks cancellation fee and move on.

What are guys your thoughts about verizon? seems to be the only serious alternative...
I'd mentioned this in another thread:

One thing which is often overlooked when speed-testing Comcast is that is they routinely throttle speed except for speed testing websites. This means that most speed test websites would show almost the promised "up-to" speed you're paying Comcast for. Speed test some other way and you'll see the lower throttled speed. Technically, Comcast is offering you the maximum "up-to" speed, just not all the time or when you really want it.

Apart from the above, the real speed obviously also depends on the server capacity and location you're trying to access data from. But still, the ISP throttling effect is very real.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:10 PM

353 posts, read 1,001,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloC View Post
I've just realized that my 50mbs internet connection never reached that speed. The best I'm getting is 10mbps.
And this pissed me off... I'm paying extra bucks for the extra speed and I don't get even close to what I'm paying for.

It is time to loose my 75 bucks cancellation fee and move on.

What are guys your thoughts about verizon? seems to be the only serious alternative...
Is it on WiFi? Or direct ethernet?

Old 07-21-2014, 08:28 AM

114 posts, read 145,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Am_I_Here View Post
Is it on WiFi? Or direct ethernet?
it is on wifi.
Never reached something higher than 15-16

this is so disappointing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: