Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 06:44 PM

70 posts, read 128,918 times

Advertisements

You just need to look for neighborhoods in Spring that feed into either Conroe ISD or Klein ISD. Whoever said east of 45 is dangerous is poorly informed. There are several areas with Spring addresses east of 45 that are great; maybe not right at 45 and 1960 but just up the road is fine. Someone mentioned the Imperial Oaks neighborhood for instance and it is a very good suggestion. There are several areas within 15 minutes or less that would be good. Stay away from neighborhoods that feed into Spring ISD and Houston or Aldine ISD as a general rule and you will be ok. I would look at homes in zip-codes 77386, 77385, or 77380.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 12:49 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,764,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb84 View Post
Is Imperial Oaks Safe?
Imperial oaks, Legends Run, Legends Ranch, Spring Trails, etc.

Personally, I would stick to Montgomery county 'Spring' area, rather than Harris County 'Spring'. But you can find good parts of spring in Harris, it's just a bit more hit or miss than Montgomery.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:57 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,764,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
When you said nursing school I imagined a super tight budget but wanting safe and nice. You have a good budget for the area. How old are your children?

There's lots of houses in Klein ISD in your budget right now and it's not far from 1960 and Red Oak but definitely a nice area. Spring is not nice and gets unsafe East of 45 elsewhere West of 45 it's safe. Apartments are pricer thus less likely for random crimes.

The Spring near the Hardy Toll. Granted as always in Houston especially in the NW suburbs serious crimes are almost always family related. You know the person. The recent tragedy East of 45 in Spring was family related. Not saying random does't happen but the scary stuff that makes the news and is usually some shady/crazy person you know.
Blue,
Saying East of I-45 is far to general. If you are speaking of Harris county, than I would agree with you. But keep in mind that in Montgomery county (which is considered unincorporated Spring), you have some very nice area that is very safe.

The family tragedy that you speak of happened on the WEST side of I-45, not the East. Enchanted Oaks definitely West of I-45....

Old 07-18-2014, 02:05 PM

9 posts, read 20,082 times
Look at Gleannloch Farms. There should be some homes in the mid 200s.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 9,382 times
Spring is just a mailing address. In other words, it's not incorporated as a city. And there is a HUGE variation between the neighborhoods. The part of Spring near the Woodlands (in Montgomery County) is very different from certain neighborhoods in Spring that are in Harris County, as people have pointed out. I used to live in Grogan's Mill - in the Woodlands (west of I-45). I moved to Imperial Oaks about 11 years ago. Heck, even with Imperial Oaks there are differences between the various neighborhoods. Imperial Oaks is a huge development - 1,400 acres. They started building houses here in the early 80s, but probably half the homes were built in the past ten years. And they're still building.

If you want to know which part of Spring is in Montgomery County, here's how to tell if you're traveling north on I-45: when you get to the Rayford-Sawdust exit you're in Montgomery County. If you don't have kids, there's not such a huge reason to worry about schools. There are a lot of really beautiful neighborhoods in some of older parts of Spring - headed South towards FM1960. People say that area is bad. I don't honestly know. But driving around in the neighborhoods, a lot of them look very well maintained and they were higher end homes when built. (Not all neighborhoods, but some.) The only issue is which school district they're in. Certain areas in Spring are changing in terms of ethnicity. Spring High School was about 60 percent white ten years ago or so. Now it's less than 30 percent white, and there are evidently racial tensions. A black student was fatally stabbed by a Hispanic student this past Fall. But Spring covers a HUGE area. (Also, the entire country is changing in terms of ethnicity.) Anyway, Spring HS is in Spring ISD. Conroe ISD includes the part of Spring in Montgomery County, and CISD is considered an excellent school district.

Regarding 1960, once you get off FM 1960, you can find absolutely gorgeous areas with beautiful, mature landscaping and trees. There are several parts of the Houston area that are like that....get off the main drag, away from the rundown apartment complexes & dodgy looking strip malls that were built 40 years ago, and you find lovely, peaceful tree-lined streets with older homes on large lots. Unless you have kids, you don't have to worry about the schools.

Last edited by MohammedRohani; 08-03-2014 at 07:05 AM..

Old 08-03-2014, 09:57 AM

137 posts, read 253,661 times
Are you looking for old or new? If old, I would recommend Colony Creek. I grew up there for 18 years and my family still lives there along with most of our original neighbors. It's off of Louetta and Champions Drive, <10 min from Highway 249 and there are back roads to get you to Woodlands.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:36 PM

40 posts, read 65,964 times
I live in Spring Lakes, its quiet and its a gated community. I think most of the danger you may speak of maybe near 1960 area as it is much more busy. I would check the 77373, 77379, 77386, 77388 are some of the area codes I would check out.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:31 PM

18,039 posts, read 25,055,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb84 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I am a single mother looking for safe and quiet neighborhoods to raise my child. If you could give me specific neighborhoods so I can narrow down homes I would greatly appreciate it! I currently go to nursing school which is located on red oak drive by 1960 (I don't want to live near 1960 it's too busy and ghetto in my opinion). My primary concern is safety because alot of people I've talked to said that Spring is dangerous? I do not want to live in The Woodlands and Tomball seems kind of far. Please help....Thanks!
I would recommend you the neighborhoods off of Cypresswood West of I-45
and also any neighborhood when you drive North on TC Jester from 1960

From what I've seen, they look like really nice neighborhoods and would be a short drive to your work.
I've heard a lot of good things about Windrose
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston