Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 08:52 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,736,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
This did happened within the last year, it was on the news. This lady was sitting in her car, a guy was kicking her door. She shot him as she was sitting in her car. He died. I don't know whatever happen to her.

As for police in houston, they can't even drive right themselves. How are they gonna patrol?

Houston Dallas austin San Antonio. This state will never solve their traffic problem. Cause they don't know how. They can't design roads worth a damn.. Go check out the any road in houston. Look at the curbs. See all the tire marks on it? These roads are confusing and too narrow.. You don't see the street sign til you re right at it. By then its too late so you get people who panic and make a sudden lane change.

The drivers here are bad. The road design here enhance bad drivers.

Just last week. This guy pulled into the wrong way right in front of me. On the feeder road at I-10 and beltway. That area is always busy. How do you turn into the wrong direction? Cause the road ways here suck, no signs or marker to indicate the direction. Lanes are force merged with no warning sign. roads are not straight.. i don't know why they cant build a straight road. i just don't get that. Ever notice the entrance into a shopping center or any entrance from a main road is so narrow? Everything is big in texas accept the roads and the entrance to your destination.
For people who are new here, the roads are confusing.

Use your turn signals and they speed up so you can't change lane. Left lanes are reserve for texter, yapping on the phone, eating fried chicken, paint finger nails, put on make up, read a book, I am not kidding. I ve seen all that.

I am all over the city. I drive a lot for work and personal. I see alot. I ve posted this before.
Everyone in houston is a student driver

I absolutely love this city, my only complaint is traffic and drivers here.
That goes towards, all race, male and female, short and tall, skinny and fat..

I have observe this since I moved here 14years ago, so I am not gonna blame new comer.
It's only gonna get worse.

Wheewwww. What a rant, back to my quiet life.
Have you ever lived anywhere east of Houston? No way have you lived in Georgia. Texas has the best roads of any place I've ever lived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 09:28 AM

196 posts, read 417,343 times
Some of the roads are poorly maintained, or in disrepair, or poorly engineered.

For example, the eastbound Westpark tollway entrance at West Houston Center is poorly designed. They have the land to create a lengthy lane merge section, but they did such a short merge section, it bottle necks everyday. Its sad that this newer road way was designed or the project was controlled without thought or logic. Its pathetic this is how a newer tollway was designed.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:35 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,277,345 times
Texas might have decent roads with exception of Houston city I would say.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:48 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,950,117 times
Man, an angry lesbian wanted to fight me the other day. I didn't pull into the right lane fast enough for her where 19th becomes 4 lanes. She followed me to Menchies and got out of the car trying to fight me. She is lucky I won't hit somebody first as I like violence. Crazy lady as I am a big dude who practices combat sports for fun.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:01 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,565,039 times
There are two cities in this country that basically invented road rage: Los Angeles and Houston.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:35 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,568,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Man, an angry lesbian wanted to fight me the other day. I didn't pull into the right lane fast enough for her where 19th becomes 4 lanes. She followed me to Menchies and got out of the car trying to fight me. She is lucky I won't hit somebody first as I like violence. Crazy lady as I am a big dude who practices combat sports for fun.
You should've gone through with it and then posted the video on WorldstarHipHop.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:46 PM
JL

8,515 posts, read 14,458,648 times
no need to get violent..buy one of those small cams and get the license plate or face of driver...then post it on youtube or vimeo or dailymotion for everyone to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston