U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2014, 03:01 PM

30 posts, read 39,722 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone

We are moving in to Copper lakes community which is in Copper Field area. Can someone give us Pediatrician recommendation for our 4 year old daughter?

Thank you very much in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 03:09 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,370,402 times
I'm sure everyone will have their own recommendation, and there are likely a lot of good Pediatricians in the area, but the one that my mom used for me and my brother was Karla Ramsey. She was beyond excellent; we loved having her as our doctor. She is a mother (of a lot of kids!) herself, and she pays very close detail to all her patients, really seems to care about the families of her patients, and was always a great informative resource to have.

She was also especially helpful with me going through difficult times, not only medical related stuff but also dealing with depression, a drug addicted father, and coming out as a gay male. She's actually a Christian and probably has personal reservations about homosexuality too, but she never brought any of that up and always was a great resource and ear to listen for me in my troubled time. Copperfield was originally developed by a company that was a subsidiary of Exxon, and a number of Exxon employees lived there when the neighborhood was shiny and brand new. My mom works in the O&G industry, and almost all of her client at exxon recommended and used Karla themselves at the time.

Here's her website.

She used to have an office off Fallbrook@1960, but it appears she's moved closer to Cypress and is now at the regional medical center at 290@huffmeister.

Last edited by curbur; 09-23-2014 at 03:19 PM..

Old 09-23-2014, 04:40 PM

263 posts, read 359,977 times
I ditto the above. We used her for our family. All the above by Curbur is very true and accurate.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:06 PM

16 posts, read 14,119 times
We use and love Dr. Kamini Muzumdar at North Cypress Medical Center. She is great with my kids, and such a good doctor. It's super easy to get sick visits scheduled and the office staff are friendly and competent.

Can't say enough good stuff about the practice!

Old 10-02-2014, 08:02 AM

Thank you all for the suggestions. Our insurance provider is Aetna, Do you know Ramsey clinic accepts it? Thank you

Old 10-02-2014, 09:06 AM

1,322 posts, read 1,370,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsubramanian View Post
Thank you all for the suggestions. Our insurance provider is Aetna, Do you know Ramsey clinic accepts it? Thank you
These are the aetna plans they accept:

NAP (National Advantage Plan)
Aetna Affordable Health Choices® limited benefits insurance plan (SRC only)
Aetna Choice® POS (Aetna HealthFund®)
Aetna Choice® POS (Open Access)
Aetna Choice® POS II (Aetna HealthFund®)
Aetna Choice® POS II (Open Access)
Aetna Health Network Only℠ (Open Access)
Aetna Health Network Option
Aetna HealthFund® Aetna Health Network Only℠ (Open Access)
Aetna HealthFund® Aetna Health Network Option℠ (Open Access)
Aetna Medicare℠ Plan (HMO / Open Access HMO)
Aetna Medicare℠ Plan (PPO)
Aetna Open Access® Elect Choice® EPO (Aetna HealthFund®)
Aetna Open Access® Managed Choice® POS (Aetna HealthFund®)
Aetna Premier Care Network
Aetna Select℠
Aetna Select℠ (Open Access)
Aetna Value Performance Network℠
Aetna Voluntary Plans
Elect Choice® EPO
Elect Choice® EPO (Open Access)
HMO
HMO (Open Access)
Managed Choice® (Open Access)
Managed Choice® POS
Open Access Aetna Select℠ (Aetna HealthFund®)
Open Choice® PPO
Open Choice® PPO (Aetna HealthFund®)
PCP Referral Plan (TX members only)
QPOS®

For future reference, all I did was go to the aetna website and use their 'DocFind' search engine to look her up by name. She is a great choice in a pediatrician, but if things don't work out for whatever reason, I'm sure the other doctor listed also would take aetna.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:32 PM

Thank you so much I should have used the DocFind option, my bad

Old 10-03-2014, 03:20 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,189,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsubramanian View Post
Hello Everyone

We are moving in to Copper lakes community which is in Copper Field area. Can someone give us Pediatrician recommendation for our 4 year old daughter?

Thank you very much in advance
Dr. Theodora D. Mucher | Blue Fish Pediatrics in Houston, Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or