Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 06:34 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,865,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
still a joke...they give Elkins Quail Green South which is a mile from marshall....
My aunt was saying recently she is glad her three sons all got to graduate from Elkins before the district went crazy and redistricted their neighborhood. Many in Lake Olympia feel they got the shaft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 03:03 AM

2,178 posts, read 3,178,918 times
Nothing special about Elkins....they benefited from poaching the established areas off 2234

Old 01-28-2015, 08:50 AM

152 posts, read 168,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
http://www.fortbendisd.com/cms/lib09...o_20150127.pdf

Looks like Avalon on South side of University is going to Commonwealth also after ES47 is built.

The dividing line seems to be a bit left after Winding Waters. Right is ES47, left is Commonwealth.

So Avalon got all the good schools finally

Old 01-28-2015, 09:49 AM

154 posts, read 194,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm24 View Post
So Avalon got all the good schools finally
Ha ha ... yes . I kind of knew that . They are doing this for the sale

Old 01-28-2015, 10:44 AM

Now we all not so rich people in riverstone have to ensure that the have to have the standard maintained for the ES 47 . I don't know how the heck I am going to do that .

I am also not sure if CMW is really the best school of FBISD .

Old 01-28-2015, 11:44 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,641,690 times
ES 47 will be fine. No doubt.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
ES 47 will be fine. No doubt.
But what's the guarantee ? I am also not sure about the first year .

Old 01-28-2015, 01:31 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,959,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisw View Post
But what's the guarantee ? I am also not sure about the first year .
What is the guarantee that CWE is that good either?

Thats why people get all crack up at the Riverstone folks and the zoning change. Some of you are so misinformed.

Is like that troll that was here saying if his kid doesn't go to Fort Settlement, he will be bailing him out of jail instead of watching him graduate medical school.

There are many other criteria to look at school. Just because there is one easy to readily available ranking available doesn't mean is the only ranking you should go by.

Personally I think the children at risk ranking is flawed. It only take into account state assessment tests.

Beside, there is still the overcrowding there which I personally do not want my kid in the portable classroom.

ES47 will be fine if not better than fine. The people who buy houses in Riverstone will stress education very seriously, which is the foundation for all good schools.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
What is the guarantee that CWE is that good either?

Thats why people get all crack up at the Riverstone folks and the zoning change. Some of you are so misinformed.

Is like that troll that was here saying if his kid doesn't go to Fort Settlement, he will be bailing him out of jail instead of watching him graduate medical school.

There are many other criteria to look at school. Just because there is one easy to readily available ranking available doesn't mean is the only ranking you should go by.

Personally I think the children at risk ranking is flawed. It only take into account state assessment tests.

Beside, there is still the overcrowding there which I personally do not want my kid in the portable classroom.

ES47 will be fine if not better than fine. The people who buy houses in Riverstone will stress education very seriously, which is the foundation for all good schools.

@ipuke , I am not saying CMW is the best school and I am not looking at ranking . Now they are saying that Cornerstone is a good school which is a fairly new school . My concern is my DD is going to start the elemenary in 2016 . What should I be doing to ensure that school is not going to do any mistake as a newbe . I am damn sure that it will be better with each passing year .

i know i am thinking too much . But I can't help it

Old 01-28-2015, 01:54 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,641,690 times
Half of your CWE PTA is going to go to ES 47. Please don't worry. I am not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston