Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 02:24 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times

Advertisements

First, there is no comparison between Lake Jackson/Freeport and the Clear Lake area. One has 300k people, part being on the edge of the city of Houston, while the other is 50 miles disconnected with 40k people. Lake Jackson may as well be in its own area like Beaumont, only much smaller.

On the other hand, Santa Fe is a tiny, isolated rural town, also not comparable. It is 20 miles past Clear Lake. I don't know why anyone who isn't from there would actually live there unless they wanted acreage for horses. It also seems to have a disproportionate number of sex offenders for how small it is.

I think we have some bad attitudes in here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
You remind me of my friend who is approaching 40 but thinks that he can only pursue 20 year co eds when he doesn't look anything like Brad Pitt or George Clooney.
I'm starting to wonder how true this is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 03:07 PM

371 posts, read 543,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
First, there is no comparison between Lake Jackson/Freeport and the Clear Lake area. One has 300k people, part being on the edge of the city of Houston, while the other is 50 miles disconnected with 40k people. Lake Jackson may as well be in its own area like Beaumont, only much smaller.

On the other hand, Santa Fe is a tiny, isolated rural town, also not comparable. It is 20 miles past Clear Lake. I don't know why anyone who isn't from there would actually live there unless they wanted acreage for horses. It also seems to have a disproportionate number of sex offenders for how small it is.

I think we have some bad attitudes in here.
I'm starting to wonder how true this is.

Since everyone on this forum wants to know WHY I live in Santa Fe as this is definitely NOT the first time someone makes some snide comment about it... it is because it was in between me and my now EX's job. I DID NOT want to live in Santa Fe but the only other options were just as great as Santa Fe since everywhere in between was the exact same anyway (WHAT IS BETWEEN FREEPORT/CLUTE AND TEXAS CITY BESIDES SANTA FE AND ALVIN?!?!). But guess what? I have lived in this [Houston] area almost my entire life and I DRIVE EVERYWHERE and have worked all over the metro so I would say I know quite a bit about different locations- just because I live in redneck-ville does NOT mean I do not get out of here and choose to stay holed up (I put almost 30K miles on my car in just one year. ) and I frequent Clear Lake and League City multiple times a week for errands and such, plus I work in Clute which is RIGHT NEXT to Lake Jackson.

Did I tell him to move to Santa Fe? Because I did not- I do not recommend ANYONE move to Santa Fe. Sheesh Louis!!!!

Old 11-06-2014, 03:13 PM

635 posts, read 1,704,269 times
Move to east end... Cheap and young crowd for inner loop

Old 11-07-2014, 11:37 AM

200 posts, read 297,037 times
you can do it even with the construction, but ugh! would you want to? I drove up to near I-45N/Beltway 8 the other day and that was just ridiculous. not something I would care to do all the time. I'm pretty sure it was under 1 hour and all but still.

as for nothing to do around Clear Lake? uh, what are you looking to do? maybe some specifics because there is PLENTY to do around here. heck, there in Seabrook there is a brewing club if you like that sort of thing. you just have to decide what you are looking for. there is still night clubs there in Seabrook on the weekends where I'm sure you could run into lots of people. if that isn't your thing then what is? there is no magic spot where all the cool kids hang out like back in the school days. I think about as close to that as you're going to get is hanging out at a Starbucks. so give some specifics or a budget at least because not everything in Clear Lake is crappy. if you are an engineer I would think you could afford Condo's that would even be considered nice to yourself. or find a house to rent/lease. heck, right off Egret Bay there is those two big towers for a place to live where you would have a whole building full of potential people to meet and get to know.

Houston Apartments - Towers at Clear Lake
give me a referral if you move in!

Old 11-07-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFiftyFour View Post
Since everyone on this forum wants to know WHY I live in Santa Fe as this is definitely NOT the first time someone makes some snide comment about it...
what's wrong with Santa Fe? back in the day (ugh! shouldn't date myself) we had a friend move from Pearland to Santa Fe and we skipped lunch and a class one day to go visit and they welcomed us right into the high school with open arms! lol even the teachers! now those were the good ole days!

Santa Fe has some good dove hunting areas also. Not to mention you're plenty close to Clear Lake/Baybrook area or running to Walmart down in Alvin.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:19 PM

860 posts, read 1,584,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emirate25 View Post
Move to east end... Cheap and young crowd for inner loop
Uh...the East End covers a lot of territory. The better neighborhoods aren't cheap any more and currently don't have much in the way of apartments that might appeal to the OP. Most of the "young crowd" you're referring to are buying/restoring homes on the area.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemichael View Post
what's wrong with Santa Fe? back in the day (ugh! shouldn't date myself) we had a friend move from Pearland to Santa Fe and we skipped lunch and a class one day to go visit and they welcomed us right into the high school with open arms! lol even the teachers! now those were the good ole days!

Santa Fe has some good dove hunting areas also. Not to mention you're plenty close to Clear Lake/Baybrook area or running to Walmart down in Alvin.
Oh it was the fact that it was rudely mentioned (because it is unfortunately where I live) on here
when I did not even bring it up in the first place as an option for the OP. (Read tstone's post)

This is not the first time someone has talked down on me due to the location where I currently live when I have not once brought up Santa Fe to begin with.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:38 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
Why don't you just let it go? Don't worry about what people think about your city - it doesn't define you unless you let it and opt to live up to the stereotype. There are lots of people who post that everything is backwards but the woodlands.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFiftyFour View Post
Oh it was the fact that it was rudely mentioned (because it is unfortunately where I live) on here
when I did not even bring it up in the first place as an option for the OP. (Read tstone's post)

This is not the first time someone has talked down on me due to the location where I currently live when I have not once brought up Santa Fe to begin with.
I see that. I remember reading it but then just disregarded it as it made no sense and was obviously aggressive and uncalled for. I imagine some issues from another thread or two I missed. Not to mention I disagree with who can and can't be hit on regardless of looks! lol (that's a whole other thread in itself)

I wouldn't worry about it. and why call being from there unfortunate? guess you're not into dove hunting or bbq? (though admittedly I haven't tried the place in Alvin in forever). you do have a straight shot to Frobergs though if you aren't into BBQ! and granted there isn't a lot to just hit up in the evening but you aren't far from Cinemark 18! or Nasa Rd One if you're just feeling antsy some evenings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
just let it go?
why am I having Frozen flashbacks? :P but true. I don't worry if someone bashes where I'm from or defends it. there is too many different personalities in the world to make everyone happy.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:46 AM

Haha thanks guys!!! =)

I do like Frobergs- I remember it being a lot different 25 years ago!! It used to not attract so many people from the Houston area back then. Joe's BBQ is not very good lol- but I am not a huge BBQ (or even Mexican food) lover so it wipes out half the places to eat LOL

I am more of a mountains and outdoors person that gets sick in hot and humid weather- so a move to Colorado is in the works!

So has OP found any solutions??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston