Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 10:16 AM

6,262 posts, read 7,407,613 times

Advertisements

The OP may also want to consider HCC (Houston Community College) for his wife's language lessons. There is a huge campus at I-10 @ Beltway 8 which would be on your way to your office if you lived in Uptown or even Midtown for that matter.

http://www.hccs.edu/

Plus since you would be living inside the HISD District you will get a break on tuition.

Last edited by Jack Lance; 12-15-2014 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 10:49 AM

113 posts, read 112,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
The OP may also want to consider HCC (Houston Community College) for his wife's language lessons. There is a huge campus at I-10 @ Beltway 8 which would be on your way to your office if you lived in Uptown or even Midtown for that matter.

Home - Houston Community College | HCC

Plus since you would be living inside the HISD District you will get a break on tuition.

I have contacted the Houston Community College too and infatct that is one of the possibilities!!!

What do you mean by HISD District? And what kind of break on tuition you are referring to?

Thanks

Old 12-15-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screttiu View Post
I have contacted the Houston Community College too and infatct that is one of the possibilities!!!

What do you mean by HISD District? And what kind of break on tuition you are referring to?

Thanks
HISD stands for Houston Independent School District , it is the local school system. The boundaries of the district are shown on the map below. Both Uptown and Midtown are located within these boundaries.

The tuition calculator below will give you the details. I calculated for 10 semester hours, and in-district which you would be is $680.00 for out of district the same 10 hours would be $1400.00 which as you can see is quit a difference.

Tuition Calculator - Houston Community College | HCC

Old 12-15-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
HISD stands for Houston Independent School District , it is the local school system. The boundaries of the district are shown on the map below. Both Uptown and Midtown are located within these boundaries.

The tuition calculator below will give you the details. I calculated for 10 semester hours, and in-district which you would be is $680.00 for out of district the same 10 hours would be $1400.00 which as you can see is quit a difference.

Tuition Calculator - Houston Community College | HCC

I appreciate your help very much. Do you know if they have good Language Courses? Do they have good reputation? My wife will be attending a 7 full weeks to start and then we'll see...

moreover, do you know anything about this complex :

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
M5250
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
5250 Brownway St
Houston, TX 77056

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 12-15-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screttiu View Post
I appreciate your help very much. Do you know if they have good Language Courses? Do they have good reputation? My wife will be attending a 7 full weeks to start and then we'll see...

moreover, do you know anything about this complex :

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
M5250
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
5250 Brownway St
Houston, TX 77056
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
I've heard mostly good things about HCC however it has been a long while since I have attended any of their classes especially since I do not live in-district anymore. Perhaps others can chime in on HCC's reputation. The 5250 Brownway complex looks impressive but I have no personal knowledge of it.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:38 PM

3 posts, read 2,727 times
5250 Brownway is a really nice building and the Galleria would give your wife lots to do.

If she is taking classes at HCC and you're working on the northwest side, you also could consider living at City Centre.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanie4 View Post
5250 Brownway is a really nice building and the Galleria would give your wife lots to do.

If she is taking classes at HCC and you're working on the northwest side, you also could consider living at City Centre.

Thank you. I think we will stick on the Gallery area. The 5250 Brownway seems very nice. Have you heard about the Dominion Post Oak? We were about to sign a contract with them....

In case the 5250 is too expensive we may go for it again, but I believe it's in the same price range of the Dominion Post Oak...

Old 12-16-2014, 07:17 AM

up!

Old 12-16-2014, 08:13 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,101,428 times
I don't know what the apartments themselves are like but I'd prefer the Dominion just because it seems better situated to the Whole Foods, the Galleria and the strip malls along Post Oak, the Dynamic Gym(?) is practically next door and best of all Caracol's is right next door!

Once you get to know the city a bit better you can always look to move somewhere with a bit more soul, if you're into that sorta thing.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
I don't know what the apartments themselves are like but I'd prefer the Dominion just because it seems better situated to the Whole Foods, the Galleria and the strip malls along Post Oak, the Dynamic Gym(?) is practically next door and best of all Caracol's is right next door!

Once you get to know the city a bit better you can always look to move somewhere with a bit more soul, if you're into that sorta thing.

Actually the M5250 is pretty close to the Dominion. Do you have any feedback on the Dominion itself?
I don't think i will move somewhere else as I am staying in Houston only for 9 months so this is going to be the final location!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
View detailed profiles of: