Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 11:37 AM

5,580 posts, read 4,834,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Hwy 290 outside 99 is going the same way. Warehouses for miles all the way to Hempstead.
At this point, there's more land available for warehouses out 290 than between Katy and Brookshire. Not sure industrial is quite ready to jump across the Brazos - Sealy is pretty isolated from the residential population and retail stores that the warehouses ship their goods to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 11:39 AM

All that said, if 36A is built, it will change the development landscape of everything from Fulshear / Brookshire up to 290.

Old 01-06-2022, 01:49 PM

9,702 posts, read 6,335,889 times
The Katy/Waller/Cypress logistic distribution center boom was always bound to happen. It’s a prime location with good access. Logistics has booked in Houston for a while now.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:47 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,923,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Sealy does have a little bit of residential development happening now, but not major stuff. It's still a big jump from Brookshire, though Sealy ISD may be better perceived than Royal ISD.

Honestly, I think the thrust of development is more likely to turn north into Waller ISD, off of the Grand Parkway and US 290, before Sealy really becomes a big deal. Plus, 290 and the GP are both finished, while I-10 across the river and through Sealy is still under construction and will be for another year or two at least.
I agree. There's several starter home neighborhoods that have gone up in southern Brookshire (Royal ISD) but the MPCs that make Houston suburbs popular are staying within Katy, LC, C-F, and Waller ISDs on this side of town. For now the homes going up in Katy/LC/Waller are close enough to the distribution/warehouse jobs to still make the commute viable (and oftentimes the commutes aren't regular business hours anyway).

The development along the 99 is already there and exploding fast. I'm amazed at how much as gone up there in such a short amount of time. But once the I-10 expansion is complete watch out for Sealy. With the rolling terrain it has, I think it'll be popular for people looking to retire but stay relatively close to the big city, especially now that the west side is a beast. You don't really need to go deep into Houston anymore. Maybe that outlet mall will make a comeback . I remember that place was pretty popular before Katy Mills killed it.

Old 01-09-2022, 09:56 PM

3,791 posts, read 2,086,354 times
Quote:
Sealy does have a little bit of residential development happening now, but not major stuff. It's still a big jump from Brookshire, though Sealy ISD may be better perceived than Royal ISD.

Honestly, I think the thrust of development is more likely to turn north into Waller ISD, off of the Grand Parkway and US 290, before Sealy really becomes a big deal. Plus, 290 and the GP are both finished, while I-10 across the river and through Sealy is still under construction and will be for another year or two at least.
Is Sealy considered an exurb of Houston or still too far out? I recently went through Houston going back to Temple from Louisiana and GPS routed us up 249 toll road and I saw pockets of development all the way to Magnolia. I wonder if that northwestern growth trend continues could Navasota one day be an exurb or dare I say part of Houston's suburbia?

Old 01-10-2022, 12:48 AM

12,732 posts, read 21,622,051 times
Todd Mission is getting in on the development.
https://communityimpact.com/houston/...sion-magnolia/

Magnolia is BOOMING. I wonder what’s attracting folks up there; it’s FAR from the city.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Is Sealy considered an exurb of Houston or still too far out? I recently went through Houston going back to Temple from Louisiana and GPS routed us up 249 toll road and I saw pockets of development all the way to Magnolia. I wonder if that northwestern growth trend continues could Navasota one day be an exurb or dare I say part of Houston's suburbia?
Sealy is just becoming an exurb. It can be attractive for some who commute to Katy, maybe the EC, but you have to live with pretty awful traffic on the Katy Freeway east of the GP and very limited routes across the Brazos. I think it will remain in exurb status for a long time before transitioning to suburb.

Magnolia is very hot now. It's relatively close to employment in The Woodlands and the 249 corridor from Tomball to the Beltway; some folks are willing to commute further in also, though that seems awfully far to me. I think work from home has accelerated Magnolia's appeal.

There's a whole lotta land left north/northwest of Magnolia to develop before Navasota becomes suburbia. Its appeal as an exurb is tempered by having a school district that's not perceived as all that desirable, plus a lot of areas of floodplain. Nevertheless, once the new highway is complete, you'll probably see more large-lot development in that area. Plus, folks may live there if their household has split commutes to Montgomery or NW Harris counties and to College Station - Bryan. There is a good size residential development in Millican already, so in a sense Navasota is an exurb already of CS-B.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Todd Mission is getting in on the development.
https://communityimpact.com/houston/...sion-magnolia/

Magnolia is BOOMING. I wonder what’s attracting folks up there; it’s FAR from the city.
Just like most other peripheral locations that become suburbia. Not a bad commute to north / northwest suburban jobs. Decently perceived schools. Pine tree woods if that's appealing to you (not to me, but a lot of folks like it). More rolling terrain. Politically conservative, which might appeal to some, though I question how many folks really move for that.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:52 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,177,775 times
It's going to come from the East before the actual city of navasota gets in the act - but they are calling like crazy for anyone who has land nearby

Old 01-10-2022, 02:12 PM

3,791 posts, read 2,086,354 times
Quote:
Sealy is just becoming an exurb. It can be attractive for some who commute to Katy, maybe the EC, but you have to live with pretty awful traffic on the Katy Freeway east of the GP and very limited routes across the Brazos. I think it will remain in exurb status for a long time before transitioning to suburb.

Magnolia is very hot now. It's relatively close to employment in The Woodlands and the 249 corridor from Tomball to the Beltway; some folks are willing to commute further in also, though that seems awfully far to me. I think work from home has accelerated Magnolia's appeal.

There's a whole lotta land left north/northwest of Magnolia to develop before Navasota becomes suburbia. Its appeal as an exurb is tempered by having a school district that's not perceived as all that desirable, plus a lot of areas of floodplain. Nevertheless, once the new highway is complete, you'll probably see more large-lot development in that area. Plus, folks may live there if their household has split commutes to Montgomery or NW Harris counties and to College Station - Bryan. There is a good size residential development in Millican already, so in a sense Navasota is an exurb already of CS-B.
When you say"the new highway" is that an upgrade of Hwy 6? Are there plans to extend 249 out to Navasota?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston