Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 08:03 AM

19 posts, read 25,424 times

Advertisements

We are looking for the 'worst house in a great neighborhood' to buy and fix up, we will sell it in 5 years. I will be working at i45 and Beltway 8 (Greenspoint). We want good schools for resale but also like an urban feel where we can walk/bike to shop or entertainment (without getting mugged). We would consider building but would rather find a nice, older home in an established area... Are there areas like that either inside the beltway or further west/north? I don't want more than a 30 minute commute (higher on list)...
Thanks for all the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 02:47 PM

40 posts, read 66,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairodice25 View Post
We are looking for the 'worst house in a great neighborhood' to buy and fix up, we will sell it in 5 years. I will be working at i45 and Beltway 8 (Greenspoint). We want good schools for resale but also like an urban feel where we can walk/bike to shop or entertainment (without getting mugged). We would consider building but would rather find a nice, older home in an established area... Are there areas like that either inside the beltway or further west/north? I don't want more than a 30 minute commute (higher on list)...
Thanks for all the help!
Join - biggerpockets.com <-- you will find everything you need to know on that website in terms of buying, selling and flipping houses.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,057 times
My wife and I actually just bought a house in Spring near Raveneaux Country Club in October. It was an older home that needed a little work (not much), but had a pool and was in a neat older neighborhood. It is also right around the corner form The Vintage shopping center. Well we got transferred out of Houston at the end of November so we have put the house on the market. It would be a great project, similar to what we were looking at.

[mod edit - advertising]

Last edited by Oildog; 02-15-2015 at 10:27 AM..

Old 12-29-2014, 02:53 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,262,858 times
The area between 249 and I-45 where the Grand Parkway is gonna go through should be booming sometime soon.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:03 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,819,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
The area between 249 and I-45 where the Grand Parkway is gonna go through should be booming sometime soon.
and where it'll go through between 290 to 249 for that matter.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:59 AM

19 posts, read 25,424 times
Why will the grand parkway areas boom? It doesn't look like one could get to downtown any easier/faster...

Old 02-15-2015, 08:25 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,982,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairodice25 View Post
Why will the grand parkway areas boom? It doesn't look like one could get to downtown any easier/faster...
Not everybody work in Downtown. There are major business centers in The Woodlands, Energy Corridor, the Exxon Campus, and parts of Sugar Land.

"If you build it, they will come" have happened repeatedly whenever new major roads are built. This will happen also when 99 is finished on North.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:27 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,765,578 times
But the GP is limited though. It's a tolled 4 lane highway where there is limited access. I can't believe it's resulting in so much growth.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:37 AM

12 posts, read 17,044 times
North Harris County and Montgomery County are experiencing a lot of growth. Tons of new home developments. There aren't a lot of areas that will allow you to walk/bike to restaurants, bars etc. There are some older subdivisions in Spring that you may want to consider. Also, if you went further north to The Woodlands, some areas allow for the walking/biking you were wanting and there are parts that do have older homes that are lipstick remodels. Texas Children's is building a hospital in the Woodlands, you have the Grand Parkway going in, You have fly-overs being added for entrances and exits to keep congestion down in The Woodlands, lots of restaurants and bars, shopping, Waterway and Market Street. The Woodlands is a very family friendly area. The outdoor activities are abundant. The school district for The Woodlands, Conroe ISD, was given an 8 out 10 by great schools.org. Klein ISD in also a good school district, some parts of Spring are zoned to Klein.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston