Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,691 times

Advertisements

CALI 4 U,
I know it has been several months since you posted but I just found this site. If you are no longer interested in Pearland just ignore this.
I will put my comment after your questions below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI 4 U View Post
I have mixed emotions about relocating to Pearland and I am hoping to have some of my questions answered. They are as follows:

1. What are thoughts about the Lakes at Country Place community?
I have friends who live there and love it. Small community though. I'm in Silverlake, which is much larger.

2. Who are the utility providers for this community? I've heard that for water it is not the City of Pearland and then I've heard that it is....can someone please clarify! Also for trash is Waste Management the service provider?

This depends on where you live -- whether you're in City limits or in MUD district. Previous reply who's in Huntington Park (I actually know her) is in City limits. I believe LofCP is also in City limits. I'm in a MUD.
I believe Waste Management does all of Pearland area.

3. Is Pearland a safe area to reside and raise an family? and if you had a choice would you reside in Pearland or Sugarland?
I believe it's safe, but have not compared to S'land.

4. What does Pearland have to offer for entertainment?
Lots See the city website, parks dept website, etc.

5. Is Pearland's residence more on the younger professional side or the older?
Both.

I guess basically what I am asking is this place really worth moving too. I'm use to a very young professional filled neighborhood with many choices for entertainment. My family and are very active and enjoy doing things outside of the gates. Someone please help me make the decision of whether or not I want to call Pearland home in the very near future.
Well it's not inner city if that's what you're looking for. It's a suburb.
Feel free to email me directly (I should be able to receive member emails) if you want to discuss more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 12:09 PM

34 posts, read 101,259 times
Pearland is okay to live. But it really depends on what your top priorities are. If the commute to The Medical Center is top then off of 288 is the best suburban commute....but that has become debatle because of the lack of planning with the increase in traffic. It has taken my husband up to an hour in bad traffic. But it usually takes about 30-45 minutes with regular traffic.
But if schools are important I would advise you check them out carefully. Family activities here in Pearland (West at 288) are not abundant and you will be driving quite a bit. So it really depends on your priorities and where you work. If you want south of Houston and schools are most important for the west side I recommend Sugar Land and for the east side Friendswood.

Of course the Woodlands seems to be the nicest area in Houston but the commute into and out of Houston without traffice is a long haul. I couldn't image commuting daily with traffic.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 PM

4 posts, read 5,117 times
I live in Pearland , it is wonderful! Yes , I would consider living here its Just beautiful . I lived here for 12 years. I live on the old side of Pearland. I Think its much more beautiful on this side because in the newer part of Pearland the homes just like any new neighborhood homes have small front yards and barely trees. but over on the old side there are lots of trees and the front yards are huge! The houses are very beautiful too , and cozy. For all the years I've lived here, I have NEVER had a break in or anything , id say this is the best place to start a family . Barely any crime, I would say no crime but you cant say that because you don't know what's going on in someone's house you know? and plus EVERY PLACE has crime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston