Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 08:00 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
If my main criteria was a good school, I'd look in clear lake to work in Pasadena. I'd take pearland off my radar. But the OP seems to have a like for the area. While it isn't a bad commute, it's a longer one. I've got a nightmare commute so I'm all for someone getting in the closest, nice area to your employer. You lose a lot of time sitting in car, so the less the better.
Pearland has excellent schools though there is some variation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 08:25 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Not knocking pearland a schools. Just saying if that is the main criteria, I'd pick the closest area to live in that has good schools. Clear lake is closer.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:02 PM

18 posts, read 16,445 times
Well the only thing I mentioned about Pearland was that I had found a house I liked there. A realtor had suggested the area so that's why I had it in my search criteria. Schools are a top priority for us and from what I gather, clear creek and Friendswood are highest ranked. I appreciate all the responses. A shorter commute would be preferred, but also we need a great school and neighborhood.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:19 PM

804 posts, read 1,075,819 times
Don't forget they are going to be widening beltway 8 for the next few years from 288 to 45 soon. fun fun.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:24 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19chelc90 View Post
Well the only thing I mentioned about Pearland was that I had found a house I liked there. A realtor had suggested the area so that's why I had it in my search criteria. Schools are a top priority for us and from what I gather, clear creek and Friendswood are highest ranked. I appreciate all the responses. A shorter commute would be preferred, but also we need a great school and neighborhood.
Pearland schools are well rated. My grandchildren have been here since they were in kindergarten and are doing well (granddaughter is in advanced classes, grandson is autistic, but mainstreamed). My granddaughter is currently in 7th grade and not at the *highest* rated of the jr. highs, but it is still really good for the advanced kids at least.

Glenda Dawson High School in PEARLAND, TX | Best High Schools | US News

Glenda Dawson High school is nationally ranked at #1165 in US News and World Report. It is ranked 120th in Texas.

Friendswood ranks higher by only by a little - it is #922

Pearland Independent School District

The Pearland High School academic decathalon team is going to the National competition in April this year. They were the Texas State Champions.

In Pearland for high school, you would also have the choice to go to the Turner Career/College Academy which allows kids who know what they want to go into to do dual enrollment with Alvin Community College.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:14 PM

18 posts, read 16,445 times
Thank you so much for the school information. It is really helpful. Schools rank as our first priority and then distance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston