U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 04:35 PM

6,608 posts, read 9,765,552 times

Advertisements

So why is Dusty Hill selling his $7M San Leon home? Seems like an odd place for a celebrity to live but then again, why not? San Leon and Baycliff are like small towns that one can move to and basically be lost from the world and live in anonymity. So any scoop - is he leaving the entire Houston area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 06:13 PM

11,412 posts, read 17,652,349 times
Are you kidding me?

ZZ Top could not be anywhere in this state and be "anonymous."

Especially with those beards...

Old 01-13-2008, 11:06 AM

6,608 posts, read 9,765,552 times
didn't mean it I guess as totally anonymous - more like someplace he could live and be left alone (for the most part) and allowed to run around, mix, mingle and dine in a somewhat normal existence. I've seen him out and about and dining and nobody appeared to bother him (didn't mean they weren't looking at him but they let him be to enjoy his evening).

Old 01-26-2008, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 11,176 times
Default Hurricanes Suck

He's probably moving inland like we did. Also, even though the band lives in Houston, they are all living pretty far apart. They may have the need to be closer together. I don't know where Billy Gibbons lives but Frank lives in or near Pecan Grove.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:19 PM

912 posts, read 1,678,712 times
Minus the facial hair nobody in the wider world would have a clue who he was. He needs to cut it off and re-attatch for gigs in my opinion.

Quite right people would leave him alone, one of my friends is a well known English actor who has had some success (in more than one way hehehe) in the US and he hates it when people hassle him in public areas. It must get very wearing.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:18 AM

71 posts, read 244,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidrawk View Post
He's probably moving inland like we did. Also, even though the band lives in Houston, they are all living pretty far apart. They may have the need to be closer together. I don't know where Billy Gibbons lives but Frank lives in or near Pecan Grove.
Someone told me the house on the SE corner of Bellaire Blvd. and 610 loop was Billy Gibbons'. It's a nice house with a distinctive stained glass bird (flamingo) design on the door and sometimes there's a giant tourbus in the driveway. I honestly have no idea if it's true or not (it kind of makes sense, but seems a bit too conspicuous).

Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 10,346 times
Default wrong amount

dusty hills home is currently selling for nearly 4 million not 7... by looking at his home you wouldnt even think it would be in san leon... but he's simply guy with alot of money who doesnt let it get to his head... love him

Old 12-21-2010, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 8,253 times
I grew up in Spring Branch. I went to elementary school with Dusty Hill's daughter Cody. Dusy Hill came to our school on field day once and ran a lap with a bunch of the school kids. He use to own a house in Spring Shadows III. Funny thing happened, my son was invited to a birthday party. When we arrived to the address, it was the former home of Dusy Hill. We all move around from time to time.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,280 times
We must of went to Terrace Elementary in SBISD together, I was there during all that too. I lived in Spring Shadows off Triway Lane.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:15 PM

50 posts, read 17,736 times
I use to wait tables in the Woodlands (2006-2007) and one use to come to the bar frequently. I assumed he lived there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston