Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 09:00 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times

Advertisements

I have been reading the OP's posts. I don't think Kingwood or any place within 50 miles of a major city would fit. They're much too diverse. Maybe a small town in the Panhandle would be best. Plenty of straight, white, English-only speaking, church going people up there...for now.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:04 AM

130 posts, read 163,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Since you're protesting that it's not about "color" but about "culture", then would you mind being more explicit about why you think Sugar Land does not measure up? Sure there are many minorities living there but they're spread out and there are no real "ethnic enclaves". If driving past one single taqueria or Asian grocery store galls you that much then maybe Houston is not for you.

None of the people asking about Asian, Latino, Russian, Jewish, etc. neighborhoods have the expectation that they can be insulated from all "exotic" cultures. That is just not realistic or even desirable for most people who want to live in large metros.
Ideally, Houston wouldn't be for me. I have no true desire to be there. Like I said, the only big city in TX I truly like is San Antonio, followed by Tyler and my dream is the Hill Country. However, I have job/family obligations.

Sugarland was essentially an enclave of South Asians, there were more Sikh Temples than churches..and frankly Asians are by far the most desirable demographic minority group to live around.

I don't need to explain myself to you. What would be desirable for me would be a small cow town in the hill country where we all know each others names and go to church on Sunday, a "large metro" is an uncomfortable reality of my life.

Now goodbye, you're wasting our collective time trying to get your PC points.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
Those super tolerant "coexist" *******s are showing their true colors in this thread.

I admire OPs commitment to his children's future and his own personal views.
Thank you my friend. This forum is tiring. I am so glad that IRL even amongst democrats these people are a tiny minority.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
I have been reading the OP's posts. I don't think Kingwood or any place within 50 miles of a major city would fit. They're much too diverse. Maybe a small town in the Panhandle would be best. Plenty of straight, white, English-only speaking, church going people up there...for now.
It would, I agree with you..but like I said...my job...

Old 04-10-2015, 09:10 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
What about Livingston? Rural, a big lake. 90 minutes to the port, 60 minutes downtown. Seems you might get the quiet, country, aspect to it. No clue of the school's though. You said you don't mind driving. But I really think Friendswood might hit all your needs.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:11 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,661,551 times
I live in Sugar Land, and yes, there are a lot of Asians here. But I drive by many churches every day. Many more than Sikh temples as you said. And I am Jewish. Go figure. And I am conservative too. But whatever floats your boat.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:14 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,165,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1988 View Post
Ideally, Houston wouldn't be for me. I have no true desire to be there. Like I said, the only big city in TX I truly like is San Antonio, followed by Tyler and my dream is the Hill Country. However, I have job/family obligations.

Sugarland was essentially an enclave of South Asians, there were more Sikh Temples than churches..and frankly Asians are by far the most desirable demographic minority group to live around.

I don't need to explain myself to you. What would be desirable for me would be a small cow town in the hill country where we all know each others names and go to church on Sunday, a "large metro" is an uncomfortable reality of my life.

Now goodbye, you're wasting our collective time trying to get your PC points.
So basically you are in agreement with those liberal, PC types.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:14 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1988 View Post
Thank you my friend. This forum is tiring. I am so glad that IRL even amongst democrats these people are a tiny minority.
OP, do you sleep? You have literally been posting since Wednesday pretty much on the hour every hour.

Also, are you thinking Virginia, California, or Texas? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They are pretty close to one another, aren't they?

Old 04-10-2015, 09:17 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
Far west houston is not clear lake. Clear lake is southeast. You still have lots of different cultures there as well. I think you are going to have a hard time finding an area that isn't Multi cultural in houston. Houston is one of the mist diverse cities in the country. The far flung suburbs won't free you from that either - housing is more affordable in the suburbs and the price point inviting to multicultural residents. Crime is random in houston. Some areas are definite high crime areas and others are mostly fairly safe but still subject to the random break in, car burglary etc. no area is 100% crime free. Church - you can find that wherever you go. Find a church you like, attend and socialize with that group. You create that environment for yourself. You won't find a an entire neighborhood full of churchy people - it will be mixed. As an FYI, I have neighbors on every side and behind who are different from me. The best neighbors I have are Vietnamese and following closely in the great neighbor category are my Hispanic neighbors. The ones who are, meh, just okay neighbors and at time inconsiderate neighbors are my fellow Caucasian neighbors to my right. My unsolicited aides is that If you wind up with Multi cultural neighbors, give them a chance and try to get to know them - they might surprise you and it truly is the Christian "churchy" thing to do.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:18 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
So basically you are in agreement with those liberal, PC types.
It is not just liberals telling him this. I am a conservative saying the same thing. I can post links to threads I started today in the Politics forum here to back up my claim that I am a conservative, if you are interested.

The inference that bigotry is somehow something that conservatives value is offensive and wrong in the extreme.

Of course there are bigots on the right, sad though it is to say, as there also are among the left. I would not want to go strutting around acting proud of that though, if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston