Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 07:45 PM

30 posts, read 68,965 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, the builders have all the tool they need to price their house to their advantage. Lets use the power of the internet to bring people together and better prepare them for negotiations. I got this idea from an Infiniti car forum where people shared the prices they bought their new car for and I was able to negotiate a car based on that. Yes, each case is different but at least someone will be able to use this as a reference--much better than going in blind.

I'll start. No realtor during negotiation although I've asked my builder to add my realtor information on the contract when I signed (the builder never asked if I used a realtor during the nego process).

I've signed a contract in Sienna Plantation with Inventory Home Perry Homes 85' lot on last month. Listing price is ~$700k and agreed upon price is ~$622k.

I've also negotiated price with Inventory Home 80' Trendmaker in Sienna where the listing was around $700k and was able to get them down to $650k. I walked because felt their price/sqf is higher and they wouldnt budge further.

Inventory Home for Newmark Home in Sienna 80'. The listing price was about a little more than $700k and was able to get them down to $630k. I walked because there is a HUGE tree about 10' away from the front door and they would not remove (the association wouldnt allow them)

For New Build Avalon @ Riverstone 70', I discussed pricing for Darling Homes. In the end, they were only able to discount $30k off my $670k house. I walked because their timeline doesnt match with mine.

Another New Build Avalon @ Riverstone 70'. This time for Taylor Morrison. I was only able to get $20k off my $650k price. Same thing with the other Avalon.. their timeline to build on the new section doesnt match with mine.

Again, these prices are based on my experience... so whether good/bad/indifferent, please take them with a grain of salt and do your own due diligence. Please guys, this is not a pissing contest where people can brag about how much $$ they saved because their brother's wife's uncle can get it cheaper. I'm your normal consumer so let's just stick to the facts based on your experience to help others. And lets not use this thread to compare why xx city is better than yy city because of zz. Let's just stick to the facts please.

Hope folks can update this as they're going through their process to help other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 12:56 PM

10 posts, read 11,232 times
Just use HCAD and find out what people bought their homes for. Way more information available there than there would be posted here.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:39 PM

126 posts, read 233,117 times
Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarconi View Post
Just use HCAD and find out what people bought their homes for. Way more information available there than there would be posted here.
Since when does HCAD list the purchase price of homes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston