Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:06 AM

399 posts, read 641,817 times

Advertisements

Please be more specific on neighborhoods. Many neighborhoods located along that long stretch of Westminster. What is your price point? That will help narrow down. The further away from 610 toward Beltway 8 the cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 10:31 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
According to one of Rockinar's other posts, he/she thinks Sugar Land is also thug-infested.
Lol, well than I can't help that person if that's there mindset.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:11 PM

219 posts, read 299,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
According to one of Rockinar's other posts, he/she thinks Sugar Land is also thug-infested.

This forum is full of white people who pretend that Houston has no ****** problems and there's no crime cause they are scared of being called racist.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:09 PM

483 posts, read 655,217 times
The Tanglewilde area is nice, as are the areas around it. My husband and I looked at several homes there, and I'm a fairly cautious person. I would have felt comfortable living there but sadly we were beaten by higher offers on the homes we were interested in.

The neighborhood is turning around quickly, especially North of Richmond between it and Westheimer. I would just steer clear of the large apartment complexes(crime is higher in/around big complexes, especially the not so nice ones) but back off in the neighborhoods are nice.

Now driving on Westheimer is another story, its a very busy main road and can be aggravating to drive on.

Closer in to the Galleria area you can get a nice townhome right n the thick of things, lots of restaurants/shops and they are building several new big office buildings so that is going to make that area take off IMO.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:41 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,099,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasroots77 View Post
Please be more specific on neighborhoods. Many neighborhoods located along that long stretch of Westminster. What is your price point? That will help narrow down. The further away from 610 toward Beltway 8 the cheaper.
I don't plan on moving to Houston, I've always been curious as to know how good or not so good the neighborhoods along Westheimer between 610 and Beltway 8 were, I hear Westheimer gets worse once you go west of Beltway 8, I have believed it is nicer closer to 610 than Beltway 8.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:12 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times
I love eating at Little Sheep Hot Pot on Westheimer. Delicious! The Asian massage parlors around are also great! Love Westheimer Road and hit it up every time I visit Houston!

Old 05-20-2015, 10:26 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,420,310 times
I got the feeling that the OP was in a trollish mood. Despite that, I will volunteer the observation that some areas along Westheimer between 610 and Beltway 8 are not what they used to be. It's kinda creepy to be at the Exxon station at Westheimer and Gessner, pumping gas, and being approached by a guy "just out of prison" wanting contributions to get to a job interview. I'm generally not unsympathetic to people -- tho' I don't like being conned -- but in any case I'm not into giving money away to strangers on the street. There are way too many people soliciting along that stretch of road.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:28 PM

A few years back, a friend visiting from Austin was propositioned by a guy and girl while he was pumping gas at at station on Gessner before coming to my place. That was a new thing to me, also.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:53 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,856,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrone2k View Post
I got the feeling that the OP was in a trollish mood. Despite that, I will volunteer the observation that some areas along Westheimer between 610 and Beltway 8 are not what they used to be. It's kinda creepy to be at the Exxon station at Westheimer and Gessner, pumping gas, and being approached by a guy "just out of prison" wanting contributions to get to a job interview. I'm generally not unsympathetic to people -- tho' I don't like being conned -- but in any case I'm not into giving money away to strangers on the street. There are way too many people soliciting along that stretch of road.
That's not just a Westheimer problem. It's an all over Houston problem.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:56 PM

well ... i have to agree with you on that. it's sad to say for me, since I am rather fond of my hometown ... but things aren't what they used to be here. But, that applies to a lot of other places, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston