Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:22 PM

74 posts, read 86,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike4Life View Post
Okay, not the MDACC administration is not the best place to work for. I used to work in the evil corporate Finance Division. They are full of favoritism with golfing buddies and terrible executive management. They will do all they can to suppress the little employees in return for big bonuses in the high 5 to 6 figures. Seriously! I have never worked for an unbelievably rude jerk who is the associate vice president and half of my department left the institution before he was finally striped down to a handful of employees.

And, the hospital is very heavily affiliated with the Big Pharm corporations where doctors make "extra" income for pushing expensive, incurable drugs.

So, if I ever have cancer, I'm going to sit at home and die. I'd never step into MDACC again.
Most of what you are describing can apply to any large corporation and most doctors. I have no doubt that you are correct. However, that might be why MD Anderson is not rated the top employer in the country. It does little to change that it is an exceptional health care facility.

The doctors we met were knowledgable and friendly, the lab techs were competent and knew what they were doing....the results of the tests were delivered promptly and the billing has been accurate. We went in with much trepidation but came out relieved.....something I cannot say about most doctors and facilities we saw in NJ before our move. As they say, practice makes perfect and the medical staff at MDA have plenty of it. For crying out loud, our doctor at MDA was the lady whose research was being used for making treatment decisions by our doctor in NJ. I suspect that is exactly most patients walking in are looking for, the best care they can get. We could care little for the ugly underbelly of the beast.

Finally, as somebody who lost both parents to cancer in my teens and is married to a cancer patient/survivor, I sincerely hope you never do get the chance to test your final statement. Cancer is not fun. It will make you beg and crawl. I have done the corporate grind and carried my fair share of grudges against the evil employer.....but if it saves the life of the one I love, I will sell my soul to the same employer in a heart beat. It is not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: