Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 08:33 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,439,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty2006 View Post
Fall Creek is too close to the big landfill, IMHO. You may have some nuisance odors from it.
Fall Creek never gets order from the land fill, so I wouldn't worry about that.

If I had a concern about Fall Creek, it would be the reputation of the middle school and especially high school.

With a 9-year-old, I'd be recommending Eagle Springs over Fall Creek; however, I wouldn't make any dire warnings about Fall Creek due to the school situation. My brother, who can afford other neighborhoods, lives in Fall Creek and has a 9-year-old and a 13-year-old, and they aren't having any school issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 12:02 PM

144 posts, read 233,630 times
Thank you all for your great insight!

It is very much appreciated!!!

Any further thoughts or concerns regarding 'The Bridges on Lake Houston'?

Old 07-27-2015, 12:24 PM

672 posts, read 838,626 times
My boss lives in Fall Creek and he said that he's maybe smelled the landfill once in the last 3 years that he's lived there so I wouldn't worry about that. Fall Creek is awesome because of it's location....easy access to Downtown, but that also makes it susceptible to burglars, since it's right off the Beltway. It's also near rather lower end community/trailer parks, so that takes away some of the niceness of living in Fall Creek.

Eagle Springs is awesome, but the traffic going in that direction just keeps getting worse and worse. And now that they have a new community in the works for that area and no signs of road expansions that I've seen, expect traffic to be a nightmare. Can take me sometimes 20-25 minutes to drive the 7 miles from the Park and Ride to our house just off of Atascocita Road right before Eagle Springs.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:35 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,439,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
but the traffic going in that direction just keeps getting worse and worse. And now that they have a new community in the works for that area and no signs of road expansions that I've seen
Actually, there is quite a bit of road expansion work planned to help that area.

How much it helps will be the answer that only time will tell.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/houst...west-lake.html

Old 07-27-2015, 02:43 PM

5,581 posts, read 4,838,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
Uhh... the closest thing you could really compare that on the west side suburbs is that Katy and Cypress have a little bit of glut just north of I-10 in the bear creek area, but that doesn't even come close to comparing what's near the neighborhoods just outside the beltway along Lake Houston. You're a few miles away from some of Houston's notorious hoods like Homestead or Trinity Gardens. Please tell me somewhere nearby The Woodlands, Tomball, Cypress, Katy, or Sugarland that even comes close to the level of crime seen over there. Of course your comment is right about the inner city, but that's always true of most inner cities, not enough room so good areas and bad areas aren't far from one another, however, I don't think that's really accurately comparable to the situation in Houston's suburbia.
Sugar Land / Stafford / Missouri City / Meadows Place are very close to some of Houston's roughest, poorest areas. Really much closer than the Atascocita / W Lake Houston areas are to the bad parts of NE Houston.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:30 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,803,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Sugar Land / Stafford / Missouri City / Meadows Place are very close to some of Houston's roughest, poorest areas. Really much closer than the Atascocita / W Lake Houston areas are to the bad parts of NE Houston.
Sugarland, Stafford and Missorui City are near Meadows Place. Meadows Place you could argue is close to Alief, (~5 miles), which is close to Sharpstown and Gulfton, but that is still much further away in terms of mileage than what Fall Creek is to Homestead, (~3.6 miles). There's also more direct access via major thoroughfares, as well; I get your point somewhat, but that doesn't really invalidate what I said about that area of town.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:03 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,097,952 times
Quote:
Sugarland, Stafford and Missorui City are near Meadows Place. Meadows Place you could argue is close to Alief, (~5 miles), which is close to Sharpstown and Gulfton, but that is still much further away in terms of mileage than what Fall Creek is to Homestead, (~3.6 miles). There's also more direct access via major thoroughfares, as well; I get your point somewhat, but that doesn't really invalidate what I said about that area of town.
Well, if Sugar Land or Katy Were closer to IAH, then they might be a consideration for the OP. But since they aren't, it's kind of a moot point.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Well, if Sugar Land or Katy Were closer to IAH, then they might be a consideration for the OP. But since they aren't, it's kind of a moot point.
Well, I wasn't responding really to the OP, more to curbur. However, I was risking things getting off-topic, so I apologize.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
While Sugar Land in particular is close to Alief (and less than 5 miles), I was more thinking of Westwood (probably Houston's most dangerous area) and Fondren Southwest.

Look, most of Houston's outer ring suburbs are located just beyond low income and rough "middle ring" areas - Champions and Klein, Fort Bend, Pearland, the Friendswood / Clear Lake area all just past the poor-reputation middle ring. It's pretty much a given in Houston, you'll pretty much have to pass through and interact with lower income elements. If anyone is freaked out about that, Houston isn't the place for them.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:33 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,097,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Well, I wasn't responding really to the OP, more to curbur. However, I was risking things getting off-topic, so I apologize.
Ha, I didn't mean to quote you, I mean to quote curbur. My bad. I tried to rep you, but it's making me spread it around before I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston