Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 10:04 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,800,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I am not proud to say I just went through a roadblock three weeks ago and I'd only had two beers, but they use these flashlights now with an alcohol sensor to decide whether to pull you over or not, and I got busted. I refused all the tests, but in refusing I had a mandatory 4 hour layover in jail that night, and a mandatory 1 year suspension of my license.

I hired an attorney for $3500 and so far I've spent $500 more in fees to file for a cause trial, got a new picture ID (not a license, I have a temporary license until the hearing), plus getting my car back, etc.

My attorney has several clients that blew 0.04 and 0.06 and even though that's under the legal limit, they got DUIs anyway for "Driving Less Safe".

It's not worth it; get a cab or a DD.
That's why I never have more than one beer when I go out. The only time I drink more than that is when I'm on vacation and using a cab or walking or when I'm at home or at a friends home and spend the night. I also never have more than one beer when I'm out because I'm cheap. I can't imagine being without a license for a year. I would be kissing my job goodbye and probably my professional license because of strict ethical guidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 09:02 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,319,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
That's why I never have more than one beer when I go out. The only time I drink more than that is when I'm on vacation and using a cab or walking or when I'm at home or at a friends home and spend the night. I also never have more than one beer when I'm out because I'm cheap. I can't imagine being without a license for a year. I would be kissing my job goodbye and probably my professional license because of strict ethical guidelines.
You are right, and since then I do not go anywhere if I am going to drink; I stay at home.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:10 AM

657 posts, read 735,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You are right, and since then I do not go anywhere if I am going to drink; I stay at home.
As do most on here because of their age. People like Nana are older and must of forgot what it means to be young and go out.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:59 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,785,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone33 View Post
As do most on here because of their age. People like Nana are older and must of forgot what it means to be young and go out.
No, I did not forget. I drink some, but I would never and have never driven when I was drinking even when I was in college. Use some sense and find one person in the party who will agree to be a designated driver. Why risk a bad accident. When I was in college, there was a curve that always had accidents due to the fact that students drove to the bar off campus (the campus was dry which was not good for this). We had lots of young people killed or maimed. Maybe that fact was what showed me that I needed to be safe. No, I did not stay home. I did, however, make sure I knew how to drive safely and that included not drinking if I was the one who drove.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:06 AM

483 posts, read 650,845 times
I think the backlash of them, if you end up not being convicted is too strong. I had one dropped because of a very faulty field breathalyzer read(.14 in the field to .041 at the station in a little over an hour later, yea...something got messed up big time) but I still had fines, fees, a lawyer etc.

Oh The system. I felt bad for some of the other people before the judge with me that day. One guy, couldn't have been over 23 or so. Was getting hit with the penalty of missing on of his court dates in another county(trespassing charge) because he was serving 3 days worth of jail time in the county we were in for breaking a restraining order to see his son.
Not saying he was innocent, but he literally got more charges because he was trying to serve his time for the ones he already had.

Last edited by kaelti12; 09-01-2015 at 11:25 AM..

Old 09-04-2015, 10:07 AM

498 posts, read 833,412 times
Alleged drunk driver charged after 2 killed in crash | News - Home

The only difference between the OP and the drunk driver in news story is that he got caught before he could kill someone.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:44 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,467,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmj View Post
Alleged drunk driver charged after 2 killed in crash | News - Home

The only difference between the OP and the drunk driver in news story is that he got caught before he could kill someone.
What did the OP blow and what did this driver blow?

Old 09-04-2015, 04:24 PM

498 posts, read 833,412 times
What does it matter? DUI is DUI.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:21 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,426,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmj View Post
What does it matter? DUI is DUI.
Except when it's not. Texas does not have DUI only DWI. There is a difference

Old 09-04-2015, 07:28 PM

61,233 posts, read 86,123,788 times
^^^ No?
Texas DUI | Drunk Driving Laws, Penalties and Fines | DrivingLaws.org
http://www.duiconsequences.org/texas...sequences.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston