Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 07:05 AM

15 posts, read 30,050 times

Advertisements

Anyone have information about MiraMesa in Cypress? Found a good home here but I'm not sure about the area/community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 10:02 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,019,330 times
Good area but you'll need to check if the schools meet your needs based on the zoning. The high school and middle school the neighborhood is zoned to are towards the bottom of the rankings for Cy-Fair ISD. If schools aren't an issue then it's a great location. Just be aware there is a report of a Super Walmart going up south of Mira Mesa at Fry and Longenbough.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:21 PM

293 posts, read 756,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haudi View Post
Good area but you'll need to check if the schools meet your needs based on the zoning. The high school and middle school the neighborhood is zoned to are towards the bottom of the rankings for Cy-Fair ISD. If schools aren't an issue then it's a great location. Just be aware there is a report of a Super Walmart going up south of Mira Mesa at Fry and Longenbough.
The Walmart Supercenter will be at the NW corner of Fry and West rd. Looks like the they are moving dirt on it now. It is supposed to be open summer 2016.

http://www.read-king.com/sites/defau...%202015r_0.pdf

I know they are building a brand new High School on FM 529 near Grand Parkway. I am not sure how that will effect future HS zoning but, Miramesa is currently zoned to Cy-Springs. Accoring to Har.com Cy-Springs has a 68.62% Economically Disadvantaged student population.

Cypress Springs High School rating and statistics Cypress 77433 - HAR.com

Old 08-12-2015, 05:19 AM

Thank you.

The community looks good. Don't have kids right now but planning to next year. The elementary school is good but the middle and high schools are not.
If we decide to move 8 to 10 years down the line will it affect resale value due to school zoning?

I didn't know about a new school coming up on fm 529 and grand parkway. What would be a good source to get zoning information about the new school?

Old 08-14-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_7000 View Post
Thank you.

The community looks good. Don't have kids right now but planning to next year. The elementary school is good but the middle and high schools are not.
If we decide to move 8 to 10 years down the line will it affect resale value due to school zoning?

I didn't know about a new school coming up on fm 529 and grand parkway. What would be a good source to get zoning information about the new school?

Not sure of the best place to get zoning info. Hopefully someone else will be able to help. They announced the new high school name for the school located on FM 529 at Westgreen. Cypress Park HS is scheduled to open 2016. This will be a big campus it will have a high school, middle school and an elementary school at the same location.

Cy-Fair ISD approves name for new high school | Community Impact Newspaper

Old 08-17-2015, 08:14 PM

Miramesa is also going to be getting a Goodwill store. I guess the one at Fry and 529 is not close enough.

http://www.edge-re.com/Properties/Ho...irabellaDr.pdf

Old 08-19-2015, 08:54 AM

Is that good or bad for resale? Having Walmart and Goodwill so close to the community? It doesn't matter to me personally but just thinking about resale.

Also, talking to a lot of folks, it looks they expect Mira Mesa to be rezoned to a different school 5 to 7 years down the line.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:21 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,019,330 times
It's probably not going to affect resale pricing any but it might put off potential buyers. Other than the things mentioned in this thread I think Mira Mesa will be a good community. They have good builders and a pretty reputable developer.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:08 PM

Just saw this article and it looks like the Walmart has been canceled. Maybe a Super Target can go there.

Wal-Mart plans new Cypress store location | Community Impact Newspaper

Old 09-18-2015, 05:11 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,820,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydogs1 View Post
Just saw this article and it looks like the Walmart has been canceled. Maybe a Super Target can go there.

Wal-Mart plans new Cypress store location | Community Impact Newspaper
No offense to Walmart, but good. Also would like to note that in addition to Cypress Park, there is another planned HS/MS/ES campus that is supposed to be going up on the western side of Bridgeland in the next few years, so I'd imagine zoning of these areas will change a lot within 8-10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston