Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 01:11 PM

58 posts, read 66,558 times

Advertisements

Annual rate adjustment affects EZ TAG rates at all plazas and some ramps

In accordance with the Harris County Toll Rate-Setting Policy, an annual rate adjustment will be implemented on September 12.

EZ TAG rates for standard 2-axle vehicles will increase by $0.05 at mainlane plazas and at current $1.15 ramp locations. Cash rates will not be impacted. EZ TAG users will continue to pay less than cash customers at most tolling locations.

Per the toll rate-setting policy, adopted in 2007, toll rates are adjusted annually based on inflation as indicated by the net change in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for this region or a minimum of two percent, whichever is greater. These programmed annual adjustments were established to ensure that Harris County has the ability to continue to build and maintain a transportation infrastructure that can meet the growing needs of this region.

The annual rate increase policy not only helps ensure progress on the large-scale capital improvements, but also ensures a high level of ongoing maintenance, and allows for other needed projects. Such projects include efforts underway to improve service to EZ TAG customers through a better online user experience and through expanded storefront operations.

https://www.hctra.org/about_news/hct...09970537971293
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 02:54 PM

804 posts, read 1,074,822 times
wonder how much it costs them to change out their signage every year.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:07 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
I wish they would change the entire system to tag only. I emailed back and forth for some time with their director of ops discussing the topic and was told it wasn't something they would considered at this time

Old 08-11-2015, 04:15 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,237,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I wish they would change the entire system to tag only. I emailed back and forth for some time with their director of ops discussing the topic and was told it wasn't something they would considered at this time
How would you suggest our visitors get around the city? Main routes to/from from airport depending on where your going is BW8 with no practical alternatives for some destinations.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:42 PM

28 posts, read 65,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
How would you suggest our visitors get around the city? Main routes to/from from airport depending on where your going is BW8 with no practical alternatives for some destinations.
I've visited some cities without an EZ tag or the local version of it. I just got a payment request in the mail a few weeks later. Assuming visitors to Houston would rent a car, they could easily get a toll tag from the car rental place, right?

Old 08-11-2015, 04:54 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,982,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manninggirl View Post
I've visited some cities without an EZ tag or the local version of it. I just got a payment request in the mail a few weeks later. Assuming visitors to Houston would rent a car, they could easily get a toll tag from the car rental place, right?
You should see the cash lines in the weekend.

There seem to be significant population here that for one reason or another cannot or will not get tags (no credit, low income, etc.)

Old 08-11-2015, 04:56 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,982,728 times
What bothers me is they originally sold this thing that the toll fee will paid this thing off and then is free.

Now is annual increases to inflation.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:57 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
The dallas system mails an invoice with a slightly higher cost to their tag price. Also other tags from around the state can work here as well. Practicality is driven off of paying the toll, less practical take the service road

Old 08-11-2015, 05:02 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,770,875 times
That great news. Now if they will just erase the cash lanes and make it all EZ Tag that would be even better..

Old 08-12-2015, 02:34 AM

657 posts, read 739,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
That great news. Now if they will just erase the cash lanes and make it all EZ Tag that would be even better..
That would be a sight to see. You would have lines of transplants and idiots trying to get through with cash in their hands
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: