Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 07:37 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,807,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Anyone ignorant enough to use that debunked video as some sort of proof of their point deserves the label "idiot".
What part of the video was debunked? Do you really think the average CHL holder would fare any better? Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 08:11 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,772,966 times
Quote:
ABC had to pull the video from their website when they got a lot of hate mail from defensive firearms instructors. The video has been debunked and declared fake so many times, it's not funny.
Sorry, but the media lies to people. I am really sorry to break that to anyone, but they do.
Quote:
The video is bull. Watch as the "instructor comes in the room. The first person he "shoots" is the teacher. The second is the armed student. How is an assailant going to know what person in the room is armed or if there is one. The last scenario with the kid who knew how to use guns. The shooter went right for him when he was crouched down even with other potential target running around him. Total Bull.........
Quote:
We have seen a video showing 4. That's right folks 4, four, 4 whichever you want it 4 people reacting.

Obviously concrete evidence that all CW holders would fail when faced with a live fire situation.

Also note that the "assailants" in the video knew where the armed responder was sitting. Very realistic
Just some interesting information.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Just wondering how many times have you had to use your gun?
do you even own a gun?

Old 09-17-2015, 08:34 AM

226 posts, read 306,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
We have seen a video showing 4. That's right folks 4, four, 4 whichever you want it 4 people reacting.

Obviously concrete evidence that all CW holders would fail when faced with a live fire situation.

Also note that the "assailants" in the video knew where the armed responder was sitting. Very realistic
Quote:
Just some interesting information.
I never said all CHL holders would fail in a live fire situation, did I? I don't even fully agree with the video, but it was only a means to prove that most CHL holders would fail in this situation, not all. But this goes both ways doesn't it? You are willing to defend these scenarios as false and unrealistic. I am okay with that. But does that mean you are willing to state that the following is true (because most defenders on here believe it is)?

In real life, ALL CHL holders are in the back corner of the rooms, are not targeted at random by the shooter(s), have night-vision equipment, can see through smoke and chaos, have no problems pulling their weapon (which means no other bodies are bumping into them, screaming and distracting them, tripping over them, getting in the line of sight/fire, etc.) taking aim, firing, and taking out the shooter?

Is that what you are saying? Many ex-military CHL holders will have experience with these scenarios and for that I agree they are better prepared. But let's be realistic, the majority of CHL holders aren't ex-military. Between the two scenarios, I think common sense tells us which is more likely to happen, regardless of attitudes towards firearms.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:05 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Because a policeman can carry a gun any where're should they be restricted ,
In real fire fights they can't hit the broad side of the barn .
They wear vests and have hundreds if not thousands of hours training, and still shake in their boots in a fire fight?
They blow off the handle emotionally, and beat people to death that are not even armed .
They make a mistake and get their hand slapped, a civilian makes a mistake and goes to jail.
Most anti gun folk have a very poor estimation of humanity probably from a personal perspective ,they don't trust them self , may be that's justifiably so. That being the case put a sign on your door "this is a gun free zone"
Many of us that own guns are extremely paranoid/cautious about where the bullet is going due to liability and the safety of their family.
The law is not so lenient on us.
But liberals don't see any of that ,but then liberals depend on public services for every thing, including their income food and shelter and security .
Liberals are the ones first offended having been molly coddled all their life never taking responsibility for them self. "the world owes me a living" emotionally unstable.
And the liberals in government are doing ever thing in their power to keep it that way, and intend on removing our rights to insure it.

It takes more courage then fear to carry a gun, because of the potential that exists ,especially if conditions change in an area that is unexpected, robberies ,riots, and uprisings.
Those of us whom are trained, tend to avoid areas of trouble if possible, we don't strut into areas we know are trouble.
( One is no longer a conservative if they do those sort of things.) ( None I know of any way)

We whom carry are not obligated to protect any one but our self, we are not authorized to be chasing after criminals out side our home of personal zone of safety.
So if you are depending on those of us that are armed to protect you , you got it wrong there too.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:09 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,807,947 times
Quote:
do you even own a gun?
I don't need one. I'm sort of a Jason Bourne type.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:18 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
I've seen the video and the training is false, and programed to fail .
That is the point some one is pushing to prove something doesn't work.
I have trained people to shoot and gave far better instruction on ones dress and responsiveness to an event.
Wearing a long sweat shirt and gloves is insurance it will fail.
I would be willing to bet that was provided by the those organizing the event.
Think folks ,please think.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oespinoza83 View Post
I never said all CHL holders would fail in a live fire situation, did I? I don't even fully agree with the video, but it was only a means to prove that most CHL holders would fail in this situation, not all. But this goes both ways doesn't it? You are willing to defend these scenarios as false and unrealistic. I am okay with that. But does that mean you are willing to state that the following is true (because most defenders on here believe it is)?

In real life, ALL CHL holders are in the back corner of the rooms, are not targeted at random by the shooter(s), have night-vision equipment, can see through smoke and chaos, have no problems pulling their weapon (which means no other bodies are bumping into them, screaming and distracting them, tripping over them, getting in the line of sight/fire, etc.) taking aim, firing, and taking out the shooter?

Is that what you are saying? Many ex-military CHL holders will have experience with these scenarios and for that I agree they are better prepared. But let's be realistic, the majority of CHL holders aren't ex-military. Between the two scenarios, I think common sense tells us which is more likely to happen, regardless of attitudes towards firearms.
I'm not saying anything, I'm pointing out any video can be set up to show you whatever they want you to see.

You don't have to be ex-military to be a good marksmen. The two are not related. I know some hunters that could shoot with the best snipers.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
I don't need one. I'm sort of a Jason Bourne type.
he was heavily trained if I recall correctly. you live in fear of something?

Old 09-17-2015, 09:33 AM

60 posts, read 68,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Because a policeman can carry a gun any where're should they be restricted ,
In real fire fights they can't hit the broad side of the barn .
They wear vests and have hundreds if not thousands of hours training, and still shake in their boots in a fire fight?
They blow off the handle emotionally, and beat people to death that are not even armed .
They make a mistake and get their hand slapped, a civilian makes a mistake and goes to jail.
Most anti gun folk have a very poor estimation of humanity probably from a personal perspective ,they don't trust them self , may be that's justifiably so. That being the case put a sign on your door "this is a gun free zone"
Many of us that own guns are extremely paranoid/cautious about where the bullet is going due to liability and the safety of their family.
The law is not so lenient on us.
But liberals don't see any of that ,but then liberals depend on public services for every thing, including their income food and shelter and security .
Liberals are the ones first offended having been molly coddled all their life never taking responsibility for them self. "the world owes me a living" emotionally unstable.
And the liberals in government are doing ever thing in their power to keep it that way, and intend on removing our rights to insure it.

It takes more courage then fear to carry a gun, because of the potential that exists ,especially if conditions change in an area that is unexpected, robberies ,riots, and uprisings.
Those of us whom are trained, tend to avoid areas of trouble if possible, we don't strut into areas we know are trouble.
( One is no longer a conservative if they do those sort of things.) ( None I know of any way)

We whom carry are not obligated to protect any one but our self, we are not authorized to be chasing after criminals out side our home of personal zone of safety.
So if you are depending on those of us that are armed to protect you , you got it wrong there too.
This post is a good example against concealed carry. If someone can't put together a well thought out and supported argument while under no time pressure or stress, can they really be trusted to keep and use a lethal weapon responsibly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston