Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 07:54 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times

Advertisements

If they're plated, registered and in drivable condition, there's not much you can do so long as they aren't breaking a traffic law (like parking too close to a stop sign). It's a public right of way, and it's perfectly legal. Now, if the cars are missing plates/registration, or obvious wrecks, now your HOA and the police can get involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 09:25 AM

2,052 posts, read 5,872,503 times
Read your HOA documents and see if there is a time limit on cars parked in the street. Ours has a limit of like 48 hours or so. Might even be every 24 hours that they have to move the car. If they don't move them, then the sheriff can get involved. Also they could get tickets for blocking the sidewalk if that is the case.

Good luck on it!

Old 04-14-2019, 08:03 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
I once had a neighbor who owned a limo business. Imagine stretch limos, town cars and hummers parked around your house 24/7. We spoke to him but it wasn't his fault, the drivers kept coming to his home for some reason or another. My friend had this neighbor who went to the auctions and flipped cars on Craigslist. Some HOA are picky about this stuff, some really don't care
My buddy had a neighbor that was scrapping cars as a side gig! They would buy a smashed car and sell off the parts. Some cars parts sell fast, others no so much so you are left with 1/2 stripped/smashed cars on the lawn. 1.25 acre lot that looked like a mini junk yard. I think the EPA finally got involved due to environmental hazards because the cars went away quickly. Since everyone out there was on a well you didn't want fluids getting into the ground water.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:37 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,997,888 times
Most HOAs prohibit running a business from your home. Shipping cars sounds like a business.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:26 AM

243 posts, read 268,334 times
Funny how people think they can try to tow a vehicle that is legally parked on a public street. If someone tries to get my vehicles towed because I have too many cars parked in a neighborhood street I’ll make sure whoever complained against me gets his cars towed off his own driveway

Old 04-14-2019, 10:32 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliefNorth View Post
Funny how people think they can try to tow a vehicle that is legally parked on a public street. If someone tries to get my vehicles towed because I have too many cars parked in a neighborhood street I’ll make sure whoever complained against me gets his cars towed off his own driveway
I am pretty sure that cities can put a sticker on a car that warns the owner to move the car. If the owner doesn’t remove it within a certain amount of days, it would be towed. I’ve seen homes with excessive cars who park in front, but nothing can be done since they are not in a subdivision with rules.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:53 AM

243 posts, read 268,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
I am pretty sure that cities can put a sticker on a car that warns the owner to move the car. If the owner doesn’t remove it within a certain amount of days, it would be towed.
That’s not applicable within a residential subdivision. You can park as many cars as you want inside a subdivision street as long as they are close enough to the curb. It doesn’t matter if the subdivion is deed restricted or has an HOA. They can’t do anything about it!

And the police don’t have any authority to tow a car or write up a ticket as long as it’s legally parked

Old 04-16-2019, 06:10 PM

3 posts, read 2,010 times
i would let it go.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:41 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,567,273 times
Is Slim Thug your neighbor? Lol, the OP does mention his neighbor having various cars.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:55 AM

24 posts, read 17,990 times
Street parking is the scourge of the burbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston