Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 06:27 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,727,501 times

Advertisements

No other news outlet beside Houston Fox News covered it
Did school fire 2 for concerns about 6-year-old transgender child? | Fox News

I think they need a HERO law in Ft. Bend county

Old 11-06-2015, 06:52 AM

118 posts, read 206,725 times
The most outrageous part of the story, for me, is that they refer to this place as a school. It's a daycare.

A daycare manager gets fired. Said manager makes allegations as to why she was fired to a local news organization. The daycare refuses to comment. No other news organizations find any interest in her story.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:04 AM

8,893 posts, read 19,929,196 times
I'm confused. The kid wants to be a girl then wants to be a boy. Instructions to treat the child as a boy resulted in the kid screaming I am not a boy when the other kids called her a boy. Honest question -- is there an appropriate age to decide whether a child is transgender or not? Perhaps that decision can be made too young. Sounds like that is the case here.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:06 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,224,934 times
The school workers should sue for an exorbitant amount to send a message to the taxpayers about the lunacy their money is supporting.

And that 6 year old's perverted parents... They should be tried and convicted for child abuse and hung from a tree.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:12 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,835,563 times
We all know a couple kids who liked to play with dolls as boys or trucks/sports as girls. That doesn't mean they are gay or some hybrid. Lets not put sexual labels on little kids.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:22 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,232,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
The school workers should sue for an exorbitant amount to send a message to the taxpayers about the lunacy their money is supporting.

And that 6 year old's perverted parents... They should be tried and convicted for child abuse and hung from a tree.
You should really consider professional help for your issues.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:27 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,232,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
We all know a couple kids who liked to play with dolls as boys or trucks/sports as girls. That doesn't mean they are gay or some hybrid. Lets not put sexual labels on little kids.
Our son has a friend who is biologically a girl, but completely self identifies as a boy. Wants her hair cut like the boys, boys underwear, the whole thing. This started at four. They're now eight. I'm very proud of them as parents to let her find her own path, whatever it may be, and am happy to step up to their defense any time some narrow minded moron tries to label her or them. Most of all, I'm proud of our son and her friends who don't give a crap what gender or color someone is, just that they're nice to each other.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:37 AM

5,843 posts, read 6,140,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
+1

I was a huge tomboy when I was a kid. One time in 6th grade, I walked into the girls locker room, and several other students thought I was a boy. I had a History teacher refer to me as "he". My hair was short, my clothes were very unfeminine etc. Less than 2 years later, that was all over, though, with no pressure or ostracizing on the part of my parents or other adults around me. I simply grew out of it.

I am a 44 year old heterosexual married woman with 2 kids......but I'm still a bit of a tomboy.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:52 AM

8,893 posts, read 19,929,196 times
Well thank god your parents didn't try and become part of the current fad and just go ahead and label you transgender which is probably what would happen today. Kids need to be kids and at some point in life they figure it out. I don't think they need a push from
Parents at age six to change genders.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:55 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,633,686 times
Do believe parents are creating this mess for many children. Have known many parents over the decades who dresses their child differently, wore hair as they were the opposite sex, or nurtured the kid when he wanted to be the mom or she the dad. Also those who were totally disappointed in the gender they gave birth to. Do also believe as some of you mentioned not all tomboy girls grew up to be trans nor boys who played with dolls and dishes trans or gay. I was a total tomboy but married twice with 3 children and love my girls. They also were into their sports and rough and tumble, now married raising their own children who also into the sports thing.A child at the age of 3-4 isnt capable of making life decisions on what sex they should be. Parents are doing the shopping and when you see a boy in feminine garb its the parent not the childs decision. Kind of gets the ball rolling so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: