U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-01-2008, 11:40 AM

2 posts, read 34,538 times
Unhappy Help. Broken lease...

Help. Know any safe apartments in Houston that accept broken leases? Keyword: safe. I have found aand been approved for an apartment at Trails @ Dominion only to find out the crime rate is horrific. Know any others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 11:44 AM

7,705 posts, read 17,792,395 times
Broken lease? You mean bailing out whenever you feel like it? You should probably hit up the nicer apartments and inquire about month to month leases. A lot of them will do it. That's more expensive obviously, but how much is your safety worth to you?

Old 02-01-2008, 01:01 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,406,858 times
Is the broken lease reporting on all 3-credit bureau? If not call the apartment complex you want to live at and see, which credit bureau they pull from. Hope this helps.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:02 PM

2,577 posts, read 5,449,708 times
Broken leases are a tough one for complexes. You might do better renting a duplex or something from an individual that doesn't do all the checking that major apartment management companies do.

If a complex accepts broken leases then it means they do not have a very high standard on qualifying criteria. I'm sorry to put it so blunt, but if they accept that, what else do they accept? Do they even do criminal background checks? Those properties will not be as safe as ones with more stringent qualifying criteria, (all other things being equal).

You may consider going back to the complex where you broke the lease and see if they will "settle" for a smaller amount. If they have turned your file over to a collection agency, the on-site Manager may not have the ability to negotiate with you anymore. If they can, they may take the "bird in hand" to get a little extra revenue rather than asking for the entire amount and getting nothing. Depending upon what kind of lease you signed, they could have charged you a cost of reletting, the balance of the lease and charged back any specials or incentives you received up front. The balance can get quite staggering. Often times they will settle for less and call it a day.

Just make sure you are speaking directly with the Manager and not an Assistant.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 48,010 times
Hi my name is darrell asking do you have any apartments in the houston texas thats located in the medical center , southwest , alief, or galleria area that eccept broken leases if so please send me listings to [email]darrell_banks200020@yahoo.com[/email] thank you very much darrell

Old 06-22-2010, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 48,010 times
Default Safe

Safe

Old 06-23-2010, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 28,869 times
Hi Darrel, did you ever get any responses for apartments that accept broken leases in the houston area.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 19,628 times
Hi, I'm really trying to find a apartment that accepts broken lease. If theres any hope for me please email me @ [email]shyne.brks@gmail.com[/email]. Thank you so much in advance.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:13 PM

223 posts, read 201,007 times
Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.

I'd take a look at this site. I found the comments and ratings of the apartments I previously lived in to be dead on.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:15 PM

7,163 posts, read 7,522,294 times
Apartment communities that relax standards in one arena usually are relaxed in all arenas.

If they will accept a lease-breaker - chances are they will accept everyone. There goes the "safe" description. If you want in a nicer place, you will need to go back and rectify the negative mark on your rental history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston