Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 02:18 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,989 times

Advertisements

First it was Incredible Pizza, then Gatti Town. I always thought Gatti Town was a stupid name....sounds a lot like Gotti, the famous mob family from the east coast.

It is weird, some strip center locations are just bad, cursed. They never do well. I think this is one of them. Also, it didn't help that the food was absolute crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 01:38 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,450,367 times
I didn't even know a modern incarnation of Mr. Gatti's was still around, much less in Sugar Land.
I used to love going there as a kid in the late 80s.
We would always get a coupon for a free buffet for making Honor Roll in school.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:40 PM

986 posts, read 1,271,553 times
Those were the days.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:48 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,730,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
First it was Incredible Pizza, then Gatti Town. I always thought Gatti Town was a stupid name....sounds a lot like Gotti, the famous mob family from the east coast.

It is weird, some strip center locations are just bad, cursed. They never do well. I think this is one of them. Also, it didn't help that the food was absolute crap.
Named after the founder's wife. Mr. Gatti's was the bomb growing up in the 80s.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:29 PM

676 posts, read 930,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
I didn't even know a modern incarnation of Mr. Gatti's was still around, much less in Sugar Land.
I used to love going there as a kid in the late 80s.
We would always get a coupon for a free buffet for making Honor Roll in school.
I remember when Mr. Gatti's was over in the shopping center with Corelli's and Rat Shack at 6 and Williams Trace. That one closed down back sometime in the mid 90's and then this Gatti Town opened in the Incredible Pizza Kitchen a few years ago. This building was originally Target until it closed when Super Target at 6 and 59 opened.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,178 times
Used to work there up until closing...the group of owners...(*small but rich asian men) who owns the whole plaza.spent more money versus than what was coming in and thats how they closed up shop.i heard from a coworker they should be remodeling the place hopefully when it comes back (*not as gattitown) it will be nowhere near what im about to describe to you. Even after getting a new manager over the summer. ( made the problems even worse actually.) The place would of made it past the dry spell if they updated their games. If you guys went there in the past, you would've noticed not only are these the same exact games from incredible pizza company, and lido, but the games are ages old.All the new popular games are in the front and as you work your way back you got these early 90s games. i mean this place was the only place in houston that still had the sit in jurrassic park arcade game. Also i found out all their dirty secrets like how they reused uneatened pizza. Behind the counter where the pizza would be to the public underneath it would be a tub where uneatened pizza would go and the kitchen would reheat it with the corresponding pizza.A pozza was KINDA good first 2 mins out the oven (*i counted). I would kinda be ok with that if they didnt charge an arm and a leg to get in for everyone. The place was constantly out of stuff (Except for tickets and prizes of course) ,there were periods of none of certain stuff bc of the owners/manager cheapness. Also the place got ghetto very fast, people would just let their kids run rampant around the place, I couldnt tell you how many toddlers we found unnattented and we had to walk around the whole place with child in tow searching for their negligent parents. And the prices went up on the games and attractions on what little they offered. I mean the bouncehouse for 4 dollars unlimited play is a ripoff. My favorite part of working here besides the coworkers was the claiming of stuff i found like for example in what is supposed to be token games untrained children would frequently put real money in these games i would go in and get the money out at the machine cause im surely getting paid less than what im finding in these machines.bottom line dont raise prices on old ass equipment or you will be forced to close.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:30 AM

986 posts, read 1,271,553 times
Well. It's a good thing you posted this, as it will have a tremendous impact on the already closed business.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:15 AM

2 posts, read 3,178 times
Why doesnt someone sound inconsiderate? The Op just asked the simple question of why did it Close. Not why is it is Closing. huge difference. And what impact would it make on you the very second a business closes? Seems like there is much to do than sit around pondering on when and if a place closes. There are other choices. But if you must know, none of the workers knew about it either, It was random just like you finding out it closing.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:10 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Interesting - my daughter worked there last year. Seemed like the typical grubby kid fun place. I thought food quality in those types of places were not among the top priorities.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:49 PM

12 posts, read 9,982 times
Was it Lido before it was Incredible Pizza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston