Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 10:03 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Well that's certainly a great way to make your voting decisions.
Well I was leaning towards Sylvester even before the commercials but I was still willing to give Bill a chance because I liked his business focus mind. But then I saw those Mattress Mac commercials and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I just couldn't understand why he felt he needed him to win the election and couldn't just stand on his own platform and trust that it was enough to get him elected. Now If I had been flooded with commercials for Sylvester with SJL in them I probably would have been pushed more towards Bill since I don't like her but I didn't even see her until his victory speech. Her endorsement of him would have been enough to sour me to him but he was lucky enough for me not to have seen any ads featuring her.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:07 AM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
Explain why you dislike SJL

Old 12-13-2015, 10:13 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
I hate how she has to be front and center in everything. She finds so many opportunities to jump in front of a camera and make it all about her. I've actually had the pleasure of seeing her speak in person and she did a great job giving a very passionate speech at a very important event but sadly she injected herself and her accomplishments into the speech way too much for my liking instead of making the majority of the speech about the people we were all there for. I'm a democrat so I'm sure I share several of her values but they way she puts herself out there is just not the style I like. She just needs to tone it down when the cameras are around. That way I can pay attention to what she has to say instead of laughing at how needy she appears for camera time.

With that said she is obviously very popular with her district and must be doing a good job for them to keep reelecting her so I wish her no ill will. I just don't have a current good impression of her and her endorsement carries no positive influence on me.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:21 PM

693 posts, read 1,108,054 times
Quote:
She makes the most outlandish, idiotic statements.
She is actually believes harsher gun laws will stop the criminals in her very own district from committing violent crimes.
She treats employees like dirt.
She throws her congressional status around to bully and intimidate people.
She knows less about US History than elementary school kids.
She is plays the race card at every chance she get.

That's a good list to start.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:24 PM

2,548 posts, read 4,053,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 979Texan View Post
She makes the most outlandish, idiotic statements.
She is actually believes harsher gun laws will stop the criminals in her very own district from committing violent crimes.
She treats employees like dirt.
She throws her congressional status around to bully and intimidate people.
She knows less about US History than elementary school kids.
She is plays the race card at every chance she get.

That's a good list to start.
(skipping the first one, because how can one debate a statement so vague)
1. Statistics support her beliefs on gun laws. You may not like that, but those are facts.
2. Possible-- but can you back that up?
3. Every male politician from this state does the same thing, as far as I've seen.
4. Based on what?
5. She is black. Being black, and pointing out racial disparity, is not "playing a card."

As our country's foremost poet, sage, and voice of the people would say, "haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate hate."

Old 12-13-2015, 12:25 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
So dislike SJL for no real substance or political reason other than party platform.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:43 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
SJL is one of the biggest government waste spender in the biz...FACT!

Old 12-13-2015, 12:57 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Sheila Jackson Lee is quite possibly the biggest moron to ever grace Washington DC, she's a **** poor representative of our state and she's constantly looking for ways to race bait ever situation she can jam her fat ass into. Simply put, she's a fukin' moron and most of her supporters are too.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:13 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
So dislike SJL for no real substance or political reason other than party platform.
I dislike her because if it weren't for gerrymandering she'd be lucky to be a night shift manager of a Whataburger. She's ignorant, period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVFQEQ7xTo

Old 12-13-2015, 01:15 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
(skipping the first one, because how can one debate a statement so vague)
1. Statistics support her beliefs on gun laws. You may not like that, but those are facts.
2. Possible-- but can you back that up?
3. Every male politician from this state does the same thing, as far as I've seen.
4. Based on what?
5. She is black. Being black, and pointing out racial disparity, is not "playing a card."

As our country's foremost poet, sage, and voice of the people would say, "haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate hate."
Absolute embarrassment to this city.

The Constitution Is 400 Years Old and More Pearls From Sheila Jackson Lee - The Daily Beast

Trash like that is why they should put in limits so idiots like that can't stay forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston