Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 09:01 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_transplant_in_Houston View Post
I know what you're saying and to an extent I agree. But not everyone come for the diversity...
This thread is 100% about people who come to this forum and speak highly of Houston's diversity then they ask where to find a community filled with people just like themselves. I know people come here for many reasons, I'm not talking about everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 09:06 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,805,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This thread is 100% about people who come to this forum and speak highly of Houston's diversity then they ask where to find a community filled with people just like themselves. I know people come here for many reasons, I'm not talking about everyone.
Please point me to these threads that you keep talking about. I can't find them. Not a single one.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Please point me to these threads that you keep talking about. I can't find them. Not a single one.
Oh I'm sorry, do you need help with the big words?

Old 01-07-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry, do you need help with the big words?
Nope. But it would be helpful if you could point me to a few of the threads because I can't seem to find any.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Nope. But it would be helpful if you could point me to a few of the threads because I can't seem to find any.
Just keep looking, I don't have time to help obnoxious and offensive people... life is too short.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Just keep looking, I don't have time to help obnoxious and offensive people... life is too short.
I've looked and doggone it I can't find a single one!

Old 01-07-2016, 09:46 AM

3,283 posts, read 6,048,839 times
Im amazed others haven't figured it out. Gay and jewish neighborhoods are always the nicest most well kept neighborhoods in cities. Read various city and stae forums nice neighborhoods, gay, jewish all correlate.

Moving to boulder? Where are all the gay people or Jews? Best if gay jews. Homes kept like palaces

The only question you need to ask on relocating forums

Old 01-07-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
Im amazed others haven't figured it out. Gay and jewish neighborhoods are always the nicest most well kept neighborhoods in cities. Read various city and stae forums nice neighborhoods, gay, jewish all correlate.

Moving to boulder? Where are all the gay people or Jews? Best if gay jews. Homes kept like palaces

That's not necessarily true, there are tons of dumps in the Montrose area.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:13 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,982,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post

Montrose have been the defacto gay neighborhood for long long time now. Until everything went up the past 10 years, Montrose was not that nice.

Now regarding the Jewish statement, I would agree. However, you also have to put in the economic factor in there. Most Jewish tend to be successful and place a high value on education so all their kids will be doing well in school, thus the school will be highly ranked. Crime of course is also a non-issue.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:00 PM

439 posts, read 1,241,890 times
Well Yuppies tend to live near other yuppies, blue collar tend to live near blue collar, white collar tend to live near white collar. People tend to desire to live near people like them. That's been the case since the beginning of time. Now that doesn't mean a person from blue collar Texas City can't enjoy a nice restaurant in yuppie Montrose from time to time. People like having options and being able to say they live in a diverse city even if they don't live in a very diverse community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston