Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2016, 02:33 PM

24 posts, read 69,265 times

Advertisements

Hi folks this weekend we got really close to sealing the deal with TB. But then we started reading online and they seem to have really bad Reviews. Are there any posters who recently built with TB in Sienna or Riverstone? What was your experience? I mean I'm sure each builder has challenges but I wanted to make sure TB is a good investment. If we want to build in Sienna our other choices are Taylor Morrison or possibly Darling. Of course we could always reconsider J Patrick and go back to Aliana.

Would love your feedback and which builders Houston folks would recommend. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 03:19 AM

16 posts, read 60,337 times
There are some great builders in Houston. Toll is good. I really like David Weekley and have one of their homes. Had a Drees home that I thought was quite well built as well.

I actually work with homebuilders at newhomesource and to me it comes down to who they have as subcontractors and the oversight of the field manager (they guy you call your builder). If they do not have too many houses under construction at one time, they can do a great job making sure the job is being done right. Generally speaking they want to make sure you are happy, so push with a smile on your face.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:43 AM

833 posts, read 1,885,330 times
^

It all comes down to how good the construction manager is. You can have the exact same builder but two different neighborhoods with different construction managers and end up with different level of completion. The big thing is look at the quality of products offered as standard and upgrade. IE Items used for energy efficiency.

We are building a Ryland Home and our construction manager is great. However I check the site almost every day. We are using a 3rd party inspector for all phases and I do a lot of google searching to learn about the construction process. The big things that I notice with me asking a lot of questions is that is that a few of little details that can get over looked even with a good construction manager.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,624 times
I live in Sienna Plantation and own a J. Patrick home. There are Toll Brother homes adjacent to mine. All I can tell you is that we have had an exceptional experience with J. Patrick and they have built a home of high quality. The construction manager here is superb. The few warranty issues we've seen were addressed immediately on the same day.

We have had multiple neighborhood gatherings and invariably the Toll Brother neighbors always gather to share their war stories about their problems with their homes. The J. Patrick group just shrug our shoulders and continue talking about how we're enjoying life in our homes.

I would not hesitate to recommend J. Patrick at Sienna plantation, they are close to selling out.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:42 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,072 times
If you can hold off, I think the wheels are going to come off within the next 6 months in high price suburbia.

Bad news are being announced daily and I think far out suburbia will take the biggest hit, especially the 450k and up homes.

Today is NOV, yesterday was Anadarko and BP. Everyday you see big lost and layoffs. Guess who buy all those Toll Brother homes in Sienna and Riverstone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston