Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 12:51 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,803,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochotona View Post
You need to get off of your a$$ in the Upper Kirby district and take a look with your own eyes. There was literally whitewater rushing into Stone Gate. Go to this Facebook user's page and look at the public video.

https://www.facebook.com/brad.j.willingham

Look at this TV video showing Bridgeland Lakeland Village Heights.

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/local/my-h...8540533​

The water has completely inundated the Towne Lake Boardwalk.

Shut the hell up until you know the facts on the ground. You're just talking your book, man. Let me guess... you're in real estate.
So I grew up in Copperfield, live in Cypress off Fry Rd right now, and I have family in Towne Lake. Keep hiding and offing and telling me to shut up if that makes you feel right or superior. The boardwalk was always designed to flood over the adjacent neighborhood along barker across from the beach area. It's not ideal, but was always designed to do so in a 30+ inch rain event. Do you know anyone that works for Caldwell that can confirm or deny that for you? Because that's what I was told by a friend that works for Cakdwell. Literally everywhere else in Houston is just as flooded. The part about spilling into addicks is west of 99, so for you to imply otherwise is untrue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 01:24 PM

17 posts, read 25,468 times
I first heard of the idea that Cypress Creek has been spilling into Addicks watershed from Jeff Lindner of Harris County FCD. That was at a talk he was giving to a group of geologists concerning the 2015 and 2016 flood. Now it's doing the same thing. The Facebook video maker states in his narration that water was pouring across Barker-Cypress and down Queenston, probably from the little SE pointing stream meander:

https://goo.gl/maps/VfAPMjosftz

Across Barker-Cypress, down Queenston, into the ditch behind the new Discount Tire on Barker-Cypress, into Stone Gate, and straight into Towne Lake and Goforth Park, and adding to the massive volumes going into Horsepen Creek.

Millions of dollars spent on detention does not equal performance. What Caldwell says doesn't matter. They want to meet their quarterly and annual sales quotas. Since when did you ever trust real estate sellers? Dear God. What matters is RESULTS not INPUTS.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I first heard of the idea that Cypress Creek has been spilling into Addicks watershed from Jeff Lindner of Harris County FCD. That was at a talk he was giving to a group of geologists concerning the 2015 and 2016 flood. Now it's doing the same thing. The Facebook video maker states in his narration that water was pouring across Barker-Cypress and down Queenston, probably from the little SE pointing stream meander:

https://goo.gl/maps/VfAPMjosftz

Across Barker-Cypress, down Queenston, into the ditch behind the new Discount Tire on Barker-Cypress, into Stone Gate, and straight into Towne Lake and Goforth Park, and adding to the massive volumes going into Horsepen Creek.

Millions of dollars spent on detention does not equal performance. What Caldwell says doesn't matter. They want to meet their quarterly and annual sales quotas. Since when did you ever trust real estate sellers? Dear God. What matters is RESULTS not INPUTS.
That's near stone gate, not Bridgeland though. So where is Bridgeland or TL homes affected like you claimed?

Old 08-29-2017, 03:15 PM

The WLBZ video is Bridgeland Lakeland Heights. I've been on that street pictured a couple weeks ago. I have pics from a friend in TL whose property has flooded. I don't reshare without her permission. I'm arguing with a rock, it's tiresome. Goodbye. The facts speak for themselves whether you care to acknowledge them or not.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:33 PM

2,429 posts, read 2,467,886 times
Quote:
The WLBZ video is Bridgeland Lakeland Heights. I've been on that street pictured a couple weeks ago. I have pics from a friend in TL whose property has flooded. I don't reshare without her permission. I'm arguing with a rock, it's tiresome. Goodbye. The facts speak for themselves whether you care to acknowledge them or not.
Some people just want to convince themselves that paying 2x-3x in Bridgeland or Towne Lake vs Copperfield will give them advantage in everything including better flood protection.
However it seems to me that Copperfield keeps standing stronger against flooding.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:55 PM

My Mother lives in Towne Lake and I've driven through pretty much the entire neighborhood at this point three times since Harvey hit. Which street exactly are you referring to? It has nothing to do with some perceived advantage, but I've literally been on both sides of TL on Sunday, Monday, & earlier today, and I don't see anything like what's being described... and the funny thing about all this is I used to live in Copperfield, have a friend that lives there now who did have water flood his car parked on the street and had a little bit of water spill into the entryway in his home. I lived in Copperfield for many years and experienced localized street flooding several times and I'm also certain I was not on the only street to experience it. Copperfield certainly doesn't fare worse than a lot of nearby neighborhoods, but to put it in some pristine category like no flood claims happen there is biased and incorrect. I'm sure most of Copperfield didn't flood over the weekend in fact, but it's pretty funny to act like everywhere in Houston didn't flood and one neighborhood had it better than another in 77433 or 77095. I'd love to see this TL home that supposedly flooded because literally no homes off of Greenhouse flooded and no homes off of Towne Lake Parkway flooded, so if you're so convinced, then where?

Old 08-29-2017, 06:43 PM

I will give you that it does look like some homes in Blackhorse Ranch directly along the golf course/creek were flooded and had to be evacuated via boat. That is rather unfortunate.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:10 PM

109 posts, read 141,247 times
I live in Towne Lake and zero homes flooded. Some were hit by a small tornado that caused roof damage/leaking, but nothing was due to the flooding - except for pool damage for the lots built off the lake.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:19 PM

https://youtu.be/3HwxKyXupX8

Old 08-29-2017, 10:25 PM

2,429 posts, read 2,467,886 times
Quote:
I hope MOD Pizza will be reopened soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston