Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:07 PM

332 posts, read 532,723 times

Advertisements

LOL, guys you are so mean.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:18 PM

52 posts, read 173,598 times
I'm gay and moving to Houston in April and can't wait.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_haze View Post
I'm gay and moving to Houston in April and can't wait.
We welcome you - but I can't believe you are bypassing Milwaukee for us!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:49 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,833,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey713 View Post
LOL, guys you are so mean.
And I try so hard to be the picture of sunshine and light.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,755,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
We welcome you - but I can't believe you are bypassing Milwaukee for us!
I'm not sure what you mean by that...Milwaukee might as well be "Houston of the North". Houston/Milwaukee are definitely on the same page. Two places no one wants to move to - unless they have to for business. Neither are big fitness cities by any means. There's a very similar dynamic in both cities. You spend enough time in those cities and there just seems to be an overall lack of class...compared to say Minneapolis in the north, or Dallas in the south.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:24 AM

1,416 posts, read 4,438,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by that...Milwaukee might as well be "Houston of the North". Houston/Milwaukee are definitely on the same page. Two places no one wants to move to - unless they have to for business. Neither are big fitness cities by any means. There's a very similar dynamic in both cities. You spend enough time in those cities and there just seems to be an overall lack of class...compared to say Minneapolis in the north, or Dallas in the south.
OK, it seems your points are rambling off topic to general Houston-bashing. Having spent quite a bit of my life here, and having had traveled around the US and the world, I don't disagree that there are certainly places that are friendlier to the 'mos. However, my experience, and that of my partner and friends, has been mostly positive. And I'm not sure that living in the great Texas mecca of Dallas would have made our lives any better. Or SF, or NYC. Our lives aren't one dimensional. We are people who are gay, it doesn't define how we wake up, how we make a living, and whether we plant a pine or an oak tree in the yard.

Now if I lived my life in SF and then moved to Houston, I would probably find it a little stiffling, just like if I lived in Houston and moved to Charlotte.

And frankly, if you want to get all meta about it, Houston needs gays to make it a more well-rounded place. So while you bask in the knowledge that better places exist for us, and why can't we all see that, we will be going about our business, raising our children, and enlightening our coworkers and neighbors with our ability to bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:28 AM

52 posts, read 173,598 times
You can say that again! There clearly are gays everywhere certain areas are just more accepting and cultured Houston isn't the most cosmopolitan metro but there are tons of amenities if you look for them. trust if I wanted to live in NYC I would I think its unfair to base every city off of the. Culture of the largest most dense ones. Maybe some people like a place for its own unique flare.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Houston does have its own thing going on. I gotta say I like the diversity of Houston in regards to this topic. while it is cool to have a single area where they all can go bar hop and what not, it is also nice to go to other places whenever that scene is not your scene. There are places to go in the Southwest, Montrose, 290/610 area, Heights, etc. THey are everywhere now.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:49 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
Your posts are now coming off as ridiculous now.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:23 PM

Ronnie is just like LaKeisha and Chad. Posting random things.

Ronnie, you silly girl!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston