U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 AM

388 posts, read 380,061 times
Last summer they killed the biggest gator in TX history right here in the trinity river

14ft 900lbs

Giant Gator Killed In Trinity River | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Popular river for wakeboarders

Edit: It is actually kind of interesting reading the comments to the article. I guess allot of people think a 14ft gator that is eating livestock should be captured and released somewhere else instead of shot.

Last edited by ComeAtMe; 04-17-2012 at 06:53 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 09:43 PM

209 posts, read 250,365 times
coastal plains, South East Texas and East texas....any body of water presume gators are there or have been.

Now the larger gators tend to be in the suburbs and rural areas just because their habitats can support their growth. but they are everywhere.

Gators are not hostile to humans naturally unless they lose their fear of humans....We tend to leave them alone.

I live in the Humble area near Spring Creek and western fork of the san jac.... ive seen 9-10fts dozens of times ( i like to fish on the banks of the Western fork of the san jac.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 AM

18 posts, read 15,041 times
I like in the Clear Lake area. A couple of weeks ago, a guy lost his yellow lab to a gator attack in Seabrook. I've personally seen large gators in Clear Creek and Taylor Lake when jetskiing. Had to do some community service in Seabrook last year (don't ask) and had to evade an irrate 10' sucker near the fishing pier. Granted, I had a nice smelly bag of chum in my possession, but it was a stressful experience. About 3 years ago, one was found in a concrete bayou behind an apartment complex. News told people not to feed it, but jackarses where taking baking hens down there and feeding it. I go camping in Huntsville St. Park/Sam Houston Natl. Forest a lot and they're everywhere. In Huntsville St. Park, there is Raven Lake, where they're pretty-much all over the place. The swimming area is netted off. I once saw a moron slapping a kayak paddle at a 12 ft belowing gator as we passed him in canoes.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:33 PM

780 posts, read 1,696,919 times
Default I saw one today on lake Houston parkway in Summerwood

I saw a 6 footer sun bathing on a log along lake Houston parkway.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:40 AM

133 posts, read 82,044 times
Big Eddy Creek in Eisenhower Park, just south of Lake Houston Dam they can be seen.There is even a warning sign too. Basically they are everywhere.Many reports in Buffalo Bayou/Downtown.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:33 PM

2,769 posts, read 4,240,305 times
They can be found just about anywhere

Nearly 6-foot gator caught in Heights garage | Newswatch | a Chron.com blog

Old 07-18-2012, 03:05 PM

3,334 posts, read 4,591,901 times
There's one in Cypress Creek that used to eat my kids' homework twice per month.

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston