Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 09:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,732 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My family is considering a move to Eagle Springs in Humble. Will anyone please provide some insight about Timberwood middle school? I have read reviews on greatschools.com but some reviews may be outdated. I hear that it is overcrowded. Is it a safe school? Do you feel your kids are thriving? Is there a major problem with bullying? With the overcrowding, are the kids getting a good learning experience? We are moving from a smaller school district and I am nervous based on the reviews I have read from other sites. I appreciate your time.
Respectfully,
Home1920
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 12:52 AM

2 posts, read 3,575 times
We have been in Eagle Springs since 2002. Our oldest is in 6th grade at TMS. As far as overcrowding ALL the schools are over crowded here. It is actually the one thing our child hates about school! We were very nervous starting middle school at TMS after hearing many horror stories. Now that the school year is almost completed we have had zero complaints other than the over crowding. The 6th graders are pretty much kept separate from the 7 & 8th graders which is a plus. From what I have been told the key to not having very many issues is to ensure your child is in PreAp classes. The kids in those classes tend to stay out of trouble and stick together. Our child has not reported any bullying though I do hear about thru the grapevine. Bullying is an issue at any school though sadly these days. As for the overcrowding there is a new middle school being built in The Groves as well as a new elementary. I believe they will be open for the 2017-2018 school year. Not sure what the zoning will be like. It may end up that the front half of ES stays zoned to TMS and the back half will go to the new school in The Groves but that is just me guessing. They have not announced the new zoning for the schools yet. AHS is crazy over crowded as well but there is a new high school being built as well on West lake Houston Pky around Lakeshore I believe.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,732 times
Thank you for the information TxGal41.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston