Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 02:22 PM

51 posts, read 46,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
Let him type...all low income kids sell drugs also still..lol
Thank you. Low income kids no jobs or guidance are more inclined to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 03:06 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,276 times
Op is a pretty good troll.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:03 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,997,888 times
Never hurts teens, of all income brackets, to work part time -- even as little as 10-12 hours per week. Many kids who go to Sam Houston or lone star are no less intelligent than ap superstars -- many just have a different set of circumstances. Personally I'd hire someone who worked as a teen before someone who hasn't. But that's just my opinion -- no science behind that. But I do hope the park provides some welcome jobs to he area.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:52 PM

15,429 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuture1 View Post
Why such harsh language. Everything I've stated has facts. My information is based on experience. Rather that experience is with me, family, friends, or successful people I've talked to. If you're the kind of person that supports thugs and street trash, then I wish you the best of luck. Personally, I don't and never will. I'm a college student and a business man. Therefore, I see no reason to provide these kinds of characters credit. There are hard working professionals, such as myself, that will not allow thugs to decrease their success. Your future success greatly depends on what you do in the present.

Many thugs and street trash didn't graduate high school, and their future will severely suffer from it. Make no mistake about that. Refusing to attend college is another idiotic decision, and your future will be consumed by abhorrent financial stability and terrible health. Keep in mind that no education = no career, no career = no money, no money = no home, no home = death.
You deserve harsh language for stereotyping. My experience of folks on the Northside, which is presumably far wider than yours, is that they are hard working folks who never had the opportunity to go to college, either because of economics or because their families were not big proponents. Those folks work hard in jobs that would make you cry. Put away your privilege, and give some respect to the blue collar workers of this country.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:00 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times
Quote:
I'll kindly correct you. EarthQuest was intended to be a large section of a planned theme park. Some of the Grand Texas was an aspect of the park. Monty Galland said some aspects of Grand Texas will be open in late March 2016. This means that the rest of the park probably won't be open until late 2016, or maybe early 2017.

Here is a link to the proof of the park opening, Eagle Times Bulletin : Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!
If you're going to "kindly correct" me, please don't correct me with false information. They are in fact two separate entities.. Earth Quest Adventures was to be its own theme park resort, an entity that was to be operated by Contour Entertainment. The owner of the Earth Quest plan, Global EarthQuest Holdings has gone bankrupt. Grand Texas Theme Park is to be managed by Innovative Leisure Partners. Grand Texas was never supposed to be an "aspect to Earth Quest Adventures".. they were always going to be two SEPARATE operations.

Oh, and the article you linked is from 2014.. a lot has happened since then. The "latest" (not much recent news on the development..) from Monty Galland is that the theme park won't be opened until late 2017/early 2018. Considering the land for the Big Rivers Waterpark was still a massive dirt field last month, I guess we can assume thats been delayed again too and won't be opening this spring.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I've read about the western theme idea many months ago. Very terrible concept. I'm sure glad that idea didn't develop.
"Many months ago"..? Its been the plan for YEARS. And yeah.. not the greatest concept, but unfortunately it seems to be the plan for Grand Texas Theme Park.

From the Grand Texas website..

Quote:
Prepare to be transported back in time to the early days of Texas, when it was a vast frontier full of intrigue & excitement, as you enter the gates of Grand Texas Theme Park! Through vivid storytelling & entertainment, thrilling rides and much more, your family will be immersed in the Texas of long ago.
The park will be developed in phases, and will include:
Rollercoasters
Water Rides
Dozens of Midway Games & Attractions
Daily Shows in multiple Entertainment Areas
Equestrian Trails
An agritainment area with petting zoos, pony rides, a working farm and more

Living Museum
Full-Size Steam Train
Real Stage Coach Line

And more!
http://grandtx.net/grand-texas-theme-park/

So yeahh.. Do you even research before you try posting things you know nothing about?

Old 03-20-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Nothing I type is a joke. I'm not taking it too far. I'm discussing things based on experience. My points are logical. Trying to be extremely successful in this society with a college or university degree is impossible. People with Bachelors Degree make 84% more over a lifetime than high school graduates

Maybe you should reread the second section of my post.

I have a better idea, read this,

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...tates-pay.html
I understand your point on an education likely leading to more money.. but this post below is the perfect response to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You deserve harsh language for stereotyping. My experience of folks on the Northside, which is presumably far wider than yours, is that they are hard working folks who never had the opportunity to go to college, either because of economics or because their families were not big proponents. Those folks work hard in jobs that would make you cry. Put away your privilege, and give some respect to the blue collar workers of this country.
Quote:
Yes, I'm in college. I'm a senior at Full Sail University, which is a private institution. I plan to become a professional screenwriter for television, narrative writer for video games, professional blogger for hire on my website, etc. Laugh all you like. But, this is a major goal I've had every since my freshman year of high school.
Full Sail University? Never heard of it.. (and I have family who lived in Winter Park for a number of years before moving to Lake Mary) I attended a private school too. Its the oldest institution in Texas, founded when Texas was its own country. Good luck on your endeavors, but please.. knock off the arrogance and ignorance towards those less fortunate.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:18 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,821,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Never hurts teens, of all income brackets, to work part time -- even as little as 10-12 hours per week. Many kids who go to Sam Houston or lone star are no less intelligent than ap superstars -- many just have a different set of circumstances. Personally I'd hire someone who worked as a teen before someone who hasn't. But that's just my opinion -- no science behind that. But I do hope the park provides some welcome jobs to he area.
My original argument was teens who are in all ap classes and 2-3 extracurriculars vs teens doing average in regular classes with 0-1 extracurriculars; someone else tried to make the correlation of wealthy vs poor. Perhaps there is a correlation generally, but it's certainly not the causation as to why. if a student is in all AP classes and 2-3+ extra curriculars, then the best thing they can do is keep their grades up to get into an esteemed university. If you can skip state school and make it to an ivy, it's imperative you try.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:29 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
I'll kindly correct you. EarthQuest was intended to be a large section of a planned theme park. Some of the Grand Texas was an aspect of the park. Monty Galland said some aspects of Grand Texas will be open in late March 2016. This means that the rest of the park probably won't be open until late 2016, or maybe early 2017.

Here is a link to the proof of the park opening, Eagle Times Bulletin : Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!
That newsletter is from 2014. Nothing is opening in March 2016 (this month). Read the facebook page rather than old news.

https://www.facebook.com/GrandTexas

Old 03-21-2016, 06:38 AM

226 posts, read 306,505 times
OP seems like a troll to me.

I am not taking his side, but I did want to just chime in and say that I have heard about Full Sail. I buddy of mine went there back in early 2002-2004 era. He wanted to be an audio engineer, which basically are the people who help the "producer" make music/beats/etc. He ended up getting a job working with a highly respectable label when he finished. So yes, Full Sail i a real thing. Though I wouldn't call it a University. It is more like a trade school, which there is nothing wrong with. But I always figured it was just a trade school that catered to the media, music, arts, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston