U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 07:20 AM

70 posts, read 239,300 times

Advertisements

Sorry to hear about that Kate. Are there circumstances maybe not within the control of the contractor. I'm really leaning towards CastleRock. Feel free to message privately if you'd like.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:32 AM

45 posts, read 129,019 times
Default Cy Fair Pools

I've always recommended Cy Fair Pools. I actually saw the owner of Cy Fair Pools at Kroger and he told me he's doing a pool up in Lake Conroe right now. I really enjoyed using this pool company. Their prices weren't high and my pool was done in 3 1/2 weeks! You can see your pool in 3D before its built.
His name is Scott w/Cy Fair Pools-832.483.2279 or Cy Fair Pools.
you can go to his website, and under pools, mine is the second one.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:10 PM

66 posts, read 248,561 times
Any pool pictures please...

Old 06-05-2008, 01:20 PM

8,981 posts, read 15,668,505 times
The whole pool thing is such a scam right now. Do you all realize how cheap it was (relatively speaking) to remodel or build a pool just 8 years ago?

Now it's like shopping at Neiman's. One price, no negotiations. And that's if you can even get them to come out because "they're so busy" they don't have time for estimates.

I'm just having patterned concrete come out a replace the decking/coping around the pool for 5,000. When the economy cools a little, I'll start the process again.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:31 PM

45 posts, read 129,019 times
Default We used Cy Fair Pools

We had a really good experience with this pool company. Scott was very deatailed and resonable. We faxed him our plot plan and he came over and show us our pool on the plot plan in 3D. His number is 832-483-2279 or go to cyfairpools.com

Old 06-08-2008, 09:24 PM

180 posts, read 411,639 times
vtowntom,

No, it wasnt due to circumstances beyond their control. They just dont show up. We have had weeks when no one shows up. When they do, a lot of the time they are fixing their own mistakes. Sometimes, the crew shows up, knocks on my door and asks me what they are supposed to be doing.

They don't communicate. We were impressed with Jim during the sale. But since the build began, we have not heard from him once and my letters to him go unanswered. The Ops Manager always passes it off to the site supervisor.

If you still want more details about our unfortunate experience with Castlerock Pools, you can go here

Pool Equipment Warranties, Punchlist and Pool School Questions - Pools & Spas Forum - GardenWeb

Old 06-09-2008, 06:49 AM

14 posts, read 3,591 times
We've just hired on Professional Pool Plastering out of Pasadena to "fix" all of Anthony Sylvan screw ups. So far, so good. They have arrived on time each day...drilling out the old plaster...chipping out the old tile and coping...Talk about hard working! Arrived each day at 8am on the nose....took ONE lunch hr. break and that was it!!!!!!!! Don't know how they do it in this heat...but today they they finish up the coping and tile...tomorrow plaster and we're done! All this...on a 4 1/2 yr old pool! Stay away...far, far away from Anthony Sylvan Pools!

Old 06-09-2008, 05:20 PM

6,868 posts, read 12,984,477 times
I have heard excellent things from Laguna Pools in Katy. We have a friend that had a saltwater pool built by them in 2004 and they LOVE it, to this day. I think the key is research, research, research.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 PM

87 posts, read 268,222 times
Does anyone build just a basic pool, no spa, no waterfall, no rocks? I'm wondering what that costs?

Old 06-11-2008, 05:05 PM

180 posts, read 411,639 times
okay here is a general pic of what it looks like as the beginning of last week.

http://www.ciscanet.net/DSC01836_500.jpg (broken link)

Unfortunately, last Tuesday our landscaper found a damp spot behind the waterfall and Boulder Creations came out on Friday to look at it and sure enough it was a leak. So they went to work on the leak. Now we have a hole in the front of the waterfall with a view of the PVC and all and according to BC we will just have to live with it because they said that was the only way for them to fix the leak. Spoke to the PB today about it and they said they'd get back to us on it. And brought up the rest of the open issues . . . again. Trying to keep the faith and hoping for completion and pool school by July 4th weekend now.

http://www.ciscanet.net/hole3.jpg (broken link)

http://www.ciscanet.net/hole4b.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston