Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 08:50 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
How can one detect if a used car had been flooded?

What are the negative effect of a car that was flooded?
Ask for a car fax report and then google your two questions and you'll find tons of info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 08:57 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
The news kept saying The Woodlands, although it was really Timberlakes/Timberidge, which is not The Woodlands, that got flooded(they always get flooded), and an area off Budde Rd, which is not The Woodlands. In a nut shell, The Woodlands was fine, including Alden Bridge.
Fast forward a couple weeks and things aren't quite to "fine" are they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDzHWz6_o8

Old 06-02-2016, 09:11 AM

74 posts, read 86,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

Depends on how you see it. This is Creekside Park....which other than Grogans Point area is the other part of Woodlands closest to Spring Creek. The flooding you are seeing is the creek overflowing. I believe the flooding of the golf course, while impressive, is exactly as planned. Keeps water out of houses. The creek was within its banks within a couple days, though that might still change given the ongoing rains.

There was quite a bit of flash flooding in The Woodlands, not surprising when you get 15 inches of rain in 24 hours. Nonetheless, all the water drained as far as I know other than in the areas where Spring Creek overflowed.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:28 AM

447 posts, read 487,968 times
Yes, houses in Grogans Point got flooded. Some of them badly.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:01 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Seems like the water issues are in the newer areas. The older areas seemed to hold up well to the rains.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Seems like the water issues are in the newer areas. The older areas seemed to hold up well to the rains.
Not really. It's the proximity to Spring Creek that matters. Grogans point is old, Creekside is new. Both are the two areas closest to the creek.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:54 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usulbaggins View Post
Depends on how you see it. This is Creekside Park....which other than Grogans Point area is the other part of Woodlands closest to Spring Creek. The flooding you are seeing is the creek overflowing. I believe the flooding of the golf course, while impressive, is exactly as planned. Keeps water out of houses. The creek was within its banks within a couple days, though that might still change given the ongoing rains.

There was quite a bit of flash flooding in The Woodlands, not surprising when you get 15 inches of rain in 24 hours. Nonetheless, all the water drained as far as I know other than in the areas where Spring Creek overflowed.
All I'm pointing out is that homes in the Woodlands flood just like every other region of Houston, we've got a few certain members here who will defend the Woodlands as if it's some magical place that never sees dark skies or rain.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:56 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, it isn't.

No, it doesn't.

http://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.g...nter/View/1188

^^^^^ above is the link to the boundary map on The Woodlands Township website.
Everything in Harris county is Spring, TX

Old 06-02-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
All I'm pointing out is that homes in the Woodlands flood just like every other region of Houston, we've got a few certain members here who will defend the Woodlands as if it's some magical place that never sees dark skies or rain.
Oh we did see - and still are - plenty of dark skies and rain. That I am sure of. I understand what you are saying about people's perceptions of Woodlands. I will only say that I was impressed by the overall drainage design. Folks living close to Spring Creek will obviously disagree and I cannot blame them.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:53 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,371,382 times
Quote:

What is your point themoreyouknow? I am not in town at the moment, however you sound as if you are relishing in other peoples problems. Please say I am wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston