Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,486 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am interested in a House which is in Tamarron community [ KATY, TX] built by Emerald Homes
[ D.R.Horton's executive Series]

House is on lake and it has good upgrades and it is at 116$ Per Sq.ft, comes to around 435K. House is zoned to Lamar ISD [ Huggins Elementary School]

Can i invest 435k in a new community like Tamarron ? Any insight as how the resale value will be for this community in coming years.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards
Deepu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 11:16 AM

6 posts, read 7,518 times
You can get a similar (if not better) priced home from Emerald Homes within the Marshall Oaks community on Gaston and Falcon Landing which is a much better location than Tamarron. Homes zoned to KISD have a better resale value than LISD, from what I've heard and I personally prefer KISD over LISD. Unless you must have a lake lot (MO has just one lake lot left but with a staggering $100k premium!!!!) or prefer LISD, Marshall Oaks may be a better option.

Would love to hear others thoughts too.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:27 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,941,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardsouza View Post
You can get a similar (if not better) priced home from Emerald Homes within the Marshall Oaks community on Gaston and Falcon Landing which is a much better location than Tamarron. Homes zoned to KISD have a better resale value than LISD, from what I've heard and I personally prefer KISD over LISD. Unless you must have a lake lot (MO has just one lake lot left but with a staggering $100k premium!!!!) or prefer LISD, Marshall Oaks may be a better option.

Would love to hear others thoughts too.
I wonder if the price difference will remain so after the new Fulshear-area high school opens, catering to Cross Creek and other upscale developments.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:57 PM

833 posts, read 1,886,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
I wonder if the price difference will remain so after the new Fulshear-area high school opens, catering to Cross Creek and other upscale developments.
Fulshear pricing has been holding steady or increasing and I think will do very well with the new Fulshear High School and Middle School opening. This will impact Cross Creek, Fulbrook nearby the most with such easy access to the schools. Once the new Katy Fulshear Parkway opens getting from Tamarron to the new schools will be much easier. Currently from Tammarron you will have to go all the way 1463 to 1093. Either way the new schools will be a game changer bringing up the already good Lamar school district to Katy ISD status. Just look at the demographic of the new high school. Following sterotypes of what makes a good school with all Upper Middle Class areas with only one apartment complex being zoned to it.

For the OP. I do not know much about Tammarron however the only thing that would concern me is the fact that DR decided to also include its DR Express which is a very basic entry level home that reminds me of a similar product to KB Homes to where a lot of corners are cut so to build a basic inexpensive home. However with Tammarron even all surrounding communities are all pretty much upper middle class which should keep the area staying strong.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:43 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,514,349 times
Tamarron is also getting its own LCISD elementary, although I think it's at least a year away.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:46 PM

214 posts, read 307,219 times
I will be interested to see how the LCISD part of 'Katy' and 'Fulshear' develops. This is a huge area that includes Tamarron, Firethorne West, Young Ranch, and Jordan Ranch. I know that builders in Firethorne West are heavily incentivizing spec homes, as sales have been very slow. If you want to get a great value, I would look for a spec home and really see how much you can negotiate from the builder.

I agree with jtothemak regarding Tamarron--it's inclusion of Express Homes makes it a very diverse neighborhood--the Express Home sections look markedly different than the Emerald homes sections. There is a large Express section that backs up directly to Firethorne. I am all for more affordable housing--in fact, i think that it would be great to see more builders in 'South' Katy offering more affordable options. Take this fact as you will, but it is something to consider.

The closer you get to the $100 - 110 per sq foot mark, the more upside-right you will be with new construction in this area. You will also have to consider that you will have tougher time selling a home when competing with new construction, so be wise with upgrades. Note, that lake lots, if priced correctly, are easier to re-sell then regular lots.

Old 06-22-2016, 05:30 AM

226 posts, read 306,550 times
We live out there and are zoned to KISD, but that was just luck of the draw and not a factor in our decision. I really don't understand the backlash LCISD gets from people to be honest, especially with the new schools opening as others have said. My opinion is that the LCISD/KISD will not be a major factor in resale. The major factors in resale will be the fact that the boom in that area seems to have died down over the past year or so. Houses are sitting longer (especially those in 300-600k range) on the market, more sale signs are popping up, etc. Take it how you want, but it is hard to believe that the O&G downturn hasn't effected the area.

Business development is still moving forward and the 1093 expansion is a mess, but I would like to think that all these new planned developments (Tamarron, FW, YR, JR) are all going to press the brakes slightly due to the slow moving inventory/interest these days compared to the past few years. So from a strictly investment decision, I would probably choose to get as close to 99/Cinco Ranch/"East" Katy as you can if all you are concerned about is resale.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:41 AM

61 posts, read 81,020 times
In my opinion, once the Westpark Tollway expansion past Simonton is completed (which will be the next "Fulshear") in the next year or so, the whole area is going to explode, so I would probably head somewhere out that way if it were my choice.

The new Fulshear High School looks and appears to be a top notch facility and will do nothing but help LCISD. LCISD already has two "tracks" that do pretty well for themselves but the other two do drag the district numbers as a whole a bit down, but if you kid eventually is going to George Ranch or Fulshear, you should be in pretty good shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston