U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:40 PM

2 posts, read 29,750 times
Default Ashton woods Home Builder

Does anybody own a Ashton woods home in Houston, TX? I'm planning to consider this builder, but need some reviews about how good or bad their house quality is. Please give me your ideas.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 07:54 PM

3 posts, read 18,703 times
Don't own one, but have been inside plenty. I have never heard any out of the ordinary complaints and the ones I have been in seemed to be quality work to me. Overall, always hear that they are a good, quality builder.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:31 PM
cp9

6 posts, read 46,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rathipriya View Post
Does anybody own a Ashton woods home in Houston, TX? I'm planning to consider this builder, but need some reviews about how good or bad their house quality is. Please give me your ideas.

Thanks.

Ashton Woods is an excellent home builder. We haven't actually closed yet on our home (Southern Trails in Pearland), but our home inspector was very impressed. We had only a handful of punch items (our previous home turned up 50 items. We walked away from that one for other reasons). From an quality standpoint, they are top notch.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 29,750 times
Thanks for your info. I'm also considering buying in Southern Trails. But, I see some posts about ashton woods homes in dallas area with a lot of mold problems and some claiming that those builders kind of threaten legally....I understand circumstances differ from case to case, but quality of the home is all that matters to me.

And ofcourse, their plans seem very beautiful. So, do you both suggest their quality of construction is good?

Thanks again for your comments.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:15 AM

1,440 posts, read 3,430,477 times
Great builder and quality workmanship.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
cp9

6 posts, read 46,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rathipriya View Post
Thanks for your info. I'm also considering buying in Southern Trails. But, I see some posts about ashton woods homes in dallas area with a lot of mold problems and some claiming that those builders kind of threaten legally....I understand circumstances differ from case to case, but quality of the home is all that matters to me.

And ofcourse, their plans seem very beautiful. So, do you both suggest their quality of construction is good?

Thanks again for your comments.
The quality is excellent. If you are seriously considering Southern Trails, I recommend you have a talk with Wayne in the sales office. He's the sales manager, and has some leeway that a normal sales counselor may not have. He's also very informative and no pressure. It's been a great experience so far.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 17,807 times
Default need inspector, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp9 View Post
Ashton Woods is an excellent home builder. We haven't actually closed yet on our home (Southern Trails in Pearland), but our home inspector was very impressed. We had only a handful of punch items (our previous home turned up 50 items. We walked away from that one for other reasons). From an quality standpoint, they are top notch.
We are building a DR Horton Home and would like to hire a private inspector. Who was your inspector?

Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 AM

392 posts, read 872,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp9 View Post
The quality is excellent. If you are seriously considering Southern Trails, I recommend you have a talk with Wayne in the sales office. He's the sales manager, and has some leeway that a normal sales counselor may not have. He's also very informative and no pressure. It's been a great experience so far.
In April of this year I finished a 6 month build with Ashton Woods homes in Southern Trails. The experience was good and we are very happy with both the home and the community. We are also pleased with AW's customer service, after the closing.

Wayne G. has left the AW sales team. Kim H. is the AW sales rep that I recommend there. She was our sales rep and did a FANTASTIC job for us. Very professional and very good at answering questions (and prompt reply to emails).

Growth in Southern Trails continues to be strong (so much that the builders have begun raising start-up prices), but there are still several new sections to open up and great lot locations can now be found.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:31 AM

2 posts, read 16,792 times
Default Ashton Woods -be very cautious

I live in an Ashton Woods home for 6 years. We did our best to monitor the building and duoble checking the construction.

AWH never would finish the final punch list, we learned to live with it

We recently found out that we have shingle problems due to the installation of the shingles done improperly. Since it is past 2 years we are out of luck with any recourse. Roofing contractors in the state of Texas are not licensed or govern'd by any state agency, especially the crews used by mass market home builders.

Buyer beware and hire an independent home inspector to oversee the building of the home and to inspect before

Old 09-02-2008, 09:53 AM

392 posts, read 872,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingnTX View Post
I live in an Ashton Woods home for 6 years. We did our best to monitor the building and duoble checking the construction.

AWH never would finish the final punch list, we learned to live with it

We recently found out that we have shingle problems due to the installation of the shingles done improperly. Since it is past 2 years we are out of luck with any recourse. Roofing contractors in the state of Texas are not licensed or govern'd by any state agency, especially the crews used by mass market home builders.

Buyer beware and hire an independent home inspector to oversee the building of the home and to inspect before
What city and subdivision did this occur in? Ashton Woods builds in both Houston and Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston