Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 12:59 PM

1,636 posts, read 1,214,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
Have a friend who used to own a BBQ joint. She used to come in there and always expected her meal to be free. Geez, as much as she makes, she still expects free meals?
She is a true representative of her constituents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 03:06 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,447,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
Have a friend who used to own a BBQ joint. She used to come in there and always expected her meal to be free. Geez, as much as she makes, she still expects free meals?
She didn't get an automatic upgrade to first class once and had a complete meltdown. I had a friend on that flight, and he said she created the biggest scene ever. She told the gate attendant to get the CEO on the phone. She berated her assistant. She was screaming like someone possessed because she had a coach seat assignment. They finally gave her passes to the President's Club and had her guaranteed first class on the next flight after first asking other passengers to give her their seat.

If I remember correct, there was a news report on how she threatened the airline (I can't remember if it was Continental or had changed to United at the time).

Old 09-16-2016, 03:49 PM

23,738 posts, read 14,850,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
She didn't get an automatic upgrade to first class once and had a complete meltdown. I had a friend on that flight, and he said she created the biggest scene ever. She told the gate attendant to get the CEO on the phone. She berated her assistant. She was screaming like someone possessed because she had a coach seat assignment. They finally gave her passes to the President's Club and had her guaranteed first class on the next flight after first asking other passengers to give her their seat.

If I remember correct, there was a news report on how she threatened the airline (I can't remember if it was Continental or had changed to United at the time).
That is nutz.

Old 09-16-2016, 04:27 PM

672 posts, read 839,208 times
There are nightmare stories about her on the internet.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:30 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,182,139 times
Power makes the head grow big but no wants to waste resources in a losing battle as she will win just on name alone

Kinda like El Franco Lee....folks waited until he died and then they want to all run for office

Old 09-17-2016, 07:29 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,212,096 times
I wouldn't give up a first class seat for anyone much less her.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:58 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,790,498 times
A lot of people on here are commenting on how dumb she is. So I looked up where she graduated from just to see if that's true. She graduated from Yale. How many of you graduated from Yale or any other Ivy League?

Old 09-17-2016, 10:00 PM

1,822 posts, read 1,982,908 times
I'm going to change my name to Sheilia Jackson Lee Jr. and haunt all who mock her. Watch out!

Jeez, get an education AND a life...

Old 09-18-2016, 12:17 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,212,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
A lot of people on here are commenting on how dumb she is. So I looked up where she graduated from just to see if that's true. She graduated from Yale. How many of you graduated from Yale or any other Ivy League?

George Bush junior graduated from yale; whats your point?Just because you got in and graduated doesn't mean your smart. more than likely well connected.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:12 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,767,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
George Bush junior graduated from yale; whats your point?Just because you got in and graduated doesn't mean your smart. more than likely well connected.
OTOH, Lee graduated from Yale with a BA in Political Science with honors and got her law degree from University of Virginia. She has a lot of character flaws, but she did not get accepted into these schools as a legacy like Bush did. Her high school (Jamaica High School in Queens) was highly rated. In 1985, it had the third lowest drop-out rate in the city and was named the best secondary school in America by the U.S. Department of Education. It counted a number prominent writers, lawyers and others among its graduates, including novelist Paul Bowles, President Richard Nixon's Attorney General John Mitchell, author Art Buchwald, poet Alan Dugan and director Francis Ford Coppola.

Bushes grades at Yale were mediocre and he received one D in an astronomy course. He did have an MBA from Harvard Business School. Of course, he was in the bottom 10% of his Harvard class. He was not academically smart, but he was popular and was a leader even at those schools. Bush, of course, attended the elite private academy - Phillips Exeter - where his academic record was pretty undistinguished. It was his *people skills* that propelled him to success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston