U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 07:59 PM

409 posts, read 639,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inphosphere View Post
Meanwhile, intellectuals of all kinds throughout history have always held liberal beliefs. Innovation, creativity, and progress is stymied in conservative regimes. In the US, the Democratic party is the way to go for this.
What a load of garbage. Folks like you are to blame for the way this country has gone down the toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 08:27 PM

163 posts, read 111,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossa View Post
What a load of garbage. Folks like you are to blame for the way this country has gone down the toilet.
Read up on the Enlightenment thinkers, then you'll understand what I am talking about.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:09 PM

1,822 posts, read 1,468,988 times
Houston voted more blue than red in 2012, and Obama won Harris County. It doesn't matter if more white voters didn't vote for him, he still won. This thread sounds more like racist and racial bating than anything else. There are a lot of Americans that aren't white. They count too, and their voice and power will likely grow as time goes on.

In the end though, it's all stupid political BS. This nitpicking over who won what, by whom, and all that other blah blah blah stuff, is ultimately pointless in the long run and the big picture. When we get to the end of our lives, none of this shyte will matter.

This country would be a lot stronger, wiser, and more productive if people wouldn't spend their lives obsessing about political morons and political junk, and instead read real books and volunteered their time towards something useful.

Last edited by Sunderpig2; 09-17-2016 at 09:20 PM..

Old 09-18-2016, 08:11 AM

4,704 posts, read 8,483,620 times
If the overall metro % of whites going Republican is relatively high still, I wonder how much that has to do with exurban areas such as Sealey, Brookshire, Lake Jackson/Brazosport, etc. (remember Liberty, Chambers, Waller, and Austin counties are part of the Houston area)

(if the micropolitan areas are added, that means Brenham, El Campo, Bay City, and Huntsville are in the mix too!)

Old 09-18-2016, 08:43 AM

2,755 posts, read 2,908,644 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, intellectuals of all kinds throughout history have always held liberal beliefs. Innovation, creativity, and progress is stymied in conservative regimes. In the US, the Democratic party is the way to go for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossa View Post
Quote:
Read up on the Enlightenment thinkers, then you'll understand what I am talking about.
That would require reading, comprehension and critical thinking. 40% of Republicans still didn't believe that Obama was born in the US as of last week.

Republicans today need to take baby steps. Maybe they can start by accepting the fact that the President for the last 8 years was actually voted into office TWICE and had the right to hold the office.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:13 AM

18,837 posts, read 27,724,137 times
Quote:
Fort Bend County - 34,733
I'm surprised this is not higher. Ft. Bend County is probably the most purplish suburban county in Texas.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:00 AM

12,707 posts, read 8,959,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
That would require reading, comprehension and critical thinking. 40% of Republicans still didn't believe that Obama was born in the US as of last week.

Republicans today need to take baby steps. Maybe they can start by accepting the fact that the President for the last 8 years was actually voted into office TWICE and had the right to hold the office.
Except when it comes to the Supreme Court.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:17 AM

15,121 posts, read 20,196,797 times
I'll never understand why political analysis are done based on race
Do you all vote based on your race? Because I don't

Old 09-18-2016, 11:49 AM

163 posts, read 111,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'll never understand why political analysis are done based on race
Do you all vote based on your race? Because I don't
It's not that. It is just showing a statistic involving how a certain demographic (NH whites) voted in the 2012 election, in terms of percentages that voted for Obama.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:56 PM

15,121 posts, read 20,196,797 times
Quote:
It's not that. It is just showing a statistic involving how a certain demographic (NH whites) voted in the 2012 election, in terms of percentages that voted for Obama.
Every election analysis that I see talks about white, black and Hispanic vote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or