Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 PM

960 posts, read 2,750,239 times

Advertisements

Okay, The Woodlands is beautiful to visit maybe for the day but they just can't RESIST mentioning about the mall of the Jones or anything to flare up their ego. No wonder why the kids are ego-competitive-centric about themselves. I have listened to The Woodlands family's long lectured about their recent vacation to Europe with a slide show(!) with about 20 city dwellers and we were very polite but disappointed. The party was ruin and we went home soon after. Houstonians don't want to visit in The Woodlands as to say, "If you can't afford Europe, then come to The Woodlands".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 12:22 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,121,369 times
maybe not yet. but if theres a move to that direction its going to happen near the woodlands

Old 05-09-2008, 04:03 PM

410 posts, read 1,682,407 times
OMG ....jfre81...just found your post...

luv it...giggles...Sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Fair enough.

Since you went ahead and pecked out 10 reasons not to move to Houston in another thread (I think that was you, right?) maybe you might start a new one and let us know how we can better serve the well-traveled demographic. Your comments are important to us here at the Houston Promotion Association. We strive to have all 350 million-plus Americans living inside 610 one day in the future, and your feedback will aid us in our endeavor. (Mostly, I'm just mainly interested to hear your take on the city - not The Woodlands which is boring as hell unless there's a show at the Pavilion - from the perspective of a well-traveled individual as yourself)

If you don't feel like sharing, then fare thee well...

Old 05-09-2008, 04:20 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
I realize we are not a tourist city but I'd have to say we were hurting for tourist activities if the Woodlands becomes a tourist destination.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:11 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Woodlands mall a tourist destination yea. Travel for days to get there no, but if coming to Houston yes the Woodlands mall is a side trip for tourists.

I currently exist in the cesspool Las Vegas but have lake property on Lake Livingston. I was down just last month and met up with a friend in the Hilton in the Woodlands. We sat outside on the waterway and he was pointing to all the tourists. I was laughing. He said he can pick out a tourist from a mile away.

After our meeting I went into the mall for lunch. This was mid day on a week day and I drove and drove for quite a long time before I could even find a parking space. It was like Christmas time when those parking spots out back never get used except that time of year. Doesn't anyone have a job? Just kidding. Anyway there were so many out of state plates in the parking lot. Inside I overheard several conversations that led me to believe they were not from anywhere near there.

Then you have that water taxi and the trollies. Tourists love that stuff. So I believe tourists dont travel specificly to see the Woodlands but the Woodlands do get many side trippers who go to Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston