Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 02:13 PM

43 posts, read 49,913 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

I've just put in my two weeks notice at my current job so that I can pursue becoming a Teacher like I've always planned to.

I've been a Substitute Teacher for College Station ISD before, but now I've moved back down to the Houston area.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on Barbers Hill or Clear Creek for their High Schools? These are the two districts I'm thinking of Substituting at while I do my Alternative Certification. My hope is that Substituting will give me an "in" for next August with that district.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 03:50 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,179,338 times
I live in CCISD and can say it's a very well regarded district. My kids are in Elementary, though, so I can't comment specifically on the High Schools. The High Schools are generally good (Clear Lake HS, in particular, I believe).

Don't know anything about Barbers Hill. Not sure I even know what area it serves. I'm sure someone else will provide answers.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:50 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,064 times
AFAIK Barbers Hill is quite rural while CCISD is suburban. They seem to serve different clientele: CCISD gets Space Center folks and people who work in Galveston.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:53 PM

43 posts, read 49,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
AFAIK Barbers Hill is quite rural while CCISD is suburban. They seem to serve different clientele: CCISD gets Space Center folks and people who work in Galveston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I live in CCISD and can say it's a very well regarded district. My kids are in Elementary, though, so I can't comment specifically on the High Schools. The High Schools are generally good (Clear Lake HS, in particular, I believe).

Don't know anything about Barbers Hill. Not sure I even know what area it serves. I'm sure someone else will provide answers.

Thank you both for the replies!

I'm thinking about leaning more towards Clear Creek ISD at this point, but am definitely curious which of their High Schools are the best out of Clear Falls, Clear Creek, and Clear Lake.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:55 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by York40 View Post
Thank you both for the replies!

I'm thinking about leaning more towards Clear Creek ISD at this point, but am definitely curious which of their High Schools are the best out of Clear Falls, Clear Creek, and Clear Lake.
AFAIK Clear Lake and the three in League City (Clear Creek, Clear Springs, Clear Falls) are regarded as the best comprehensives (just based on what I heard on here), but I think all of them (which just means adding one more, Clear Brook) are fine.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:44 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,017,815 times
You'll probably get most of the replies on this forum about CCISD, which is very good, one of the best school districts, but Barbers Hill HS is also very good.

Can't go wrong with either. Probably is going to boil down to what type of lifestyle you want to live if you have the option to choose between both.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:32 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,265,421 times
Yes both school districts are tops. Clear Lake is generally considered the best out of CCISD, and one of the best in Tx, but Clear Falls and Clear Springs are still relatively new, so that may change. Barbers Hill is small and a good portion is totally rural, but recently experienced a growth spurt. They are building an indoor football practice facility that would make a lot of small colleges jealous, so there is money floating around there.

I think both school districts have the same desirability. It's just like people have noted above - do you want small, almost rural or do you want large suburban with big city amenities nearby (that includes more crime, traffic, and crowding, though).

Myself, I would prefer Barbers Hill lifestyle since I am from a small town. You can get some large lots around Beach City. Around Clear Lake, the lots are a lot smaller and even the lots in exclusive housing are closer together. However, you give up Target (Mont Belvieu does have a WalMart now) and cinemas and easy access to Clear Lake hospitals. It's just give and take.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:47 PM

509 posts, read 734,707 times
Affirming the previous posts, it really boils down to a choice between suburban (CCISD) versus small town (Barbers Hill) environments. Barbers Hill is a solid school, as are most of the CCISD options.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:19 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,123,654 times
BHISD has experienced phenomenal growth the last ten years, and it has not been by accident. BHISD is a "destination school" for many moving in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston