Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 736 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move into an apartment in the Kirby/Westheimer area. I already checked the apartments that I like (The Gables West Ave), and really want to live there. There is one issue; no credit history. The reason for this is that I always pay in cash.

I asked the person helping me out to see if I could pay for the lease in full. She said that the max that they accept is 2 months in advance. Wondering if anyone has ever ran into this and found a way around it. Maybe talking to the right person?

Their application is $100 plus some administrative fee of $5xx. There is no point in applying as I know that I won't qualify. Plus, I would only get the $100 back, not the $5xx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 06:48 AM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Here's the contact page for the owners Contact Us | Gables offers Apartments for Rent, Luxury Apartments, Furnished Apartments, Unfurnished Apartments and Corporate Housing Call or email one of them with your proposal.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:54 AM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by computer_kid View Post
I'm looking to move into an apartment in the Kirby/Westheimer area. I already checked the apartments that I like (The Gables West Ave), and really want to live there. There is one issue; no credit history. The reason for this is that I always pay in cash.

I asked the person helping me out to see if I could pay for the lease in full. She said that the max that they accept is 2 months in advance. Wondering if anyone has ever ran into this and found a way around it. Maybe talking to the right person?

Their application is $100 plus some administrative fee of $5xx. There is no point in applying as I know that I won't qualify. Plus, I would only get the $100 back, not the $5xx.
$5xx administative fee? WTF? I'd be interested in hearing more about that scam, I mean, policy.

It's weird too that they won't accept payment of the lease in full. Most places would love that from everyone, all the time. I've never heard of that before, and can't figure out their reasoning, unless between that and the $5xx rip-off fee, they're trying to keep you away from their hallowed halls.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:16 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,805,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
$5xx administative fee? WTF? I'd be interested in hearing more about that scam, I mean, policy.

It's weird too that they won't accept payment of the lease in full. Most places would love that from everyone, all the time. I've never heard of that before, and can't figure out their reasoning, unless between that and the $5xx rip-off fee, they're trying to keep you away from their hallowed halls.
Actually, it's the opposite. Most places will not accept lease payment in full as it makes it harder to evict a tenant. Also, it casts a shady light on someone that can pay a year's lease in full but doesn't have a credit history.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:36 AM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times
That $500+ "administration fee" is probably just an extra barrier to keep out what they deem as "undesirables." The communities look like they're geared toward the younger set with a little money. Younger people that make decent money that also come from well-to-do parents may not realize when they're getting gypped.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:43 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
That $500+ "administration fee" is probably just an extra barrier to keep out what they deem as "undesirables." The communities look like they're geared toward the younger set with a little money. Younger people that make decent money that also come from well-to-do parents may not realize when they're getting gypped.
I would think a super high rent would be enough to keep out undesirables.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:35 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,270 times
Rent a house or condo... eh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: