Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 04:52 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
So you're pretty much saying that LCISD must be OK because it has high-income demographics zoned to it? Or that high-income demographics must be OK with LCISD because they wouldn't have otherwise bought there? Looking for your causality relationship here.

I believe they call that a causality loop.

The answer is both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 12:16 PM

3 posts, read 6,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 123 View Post
hbcu's post about the drug deal gone violent were 2 Katy ISD students.
Jordan Ranch is south of I10 and borders Firethorne, Young Ranch, Willow Creek Farms and Cross Creek Ranch.
Elyson is in an area with lower priced communities and the Camillo Rental Home project.

If you spend $300,000 in Elyson, you are the High-End for that part of Katy. If you spend $300,000 in Jordan Ranch, you are the lower price point for that area.

dont think you can say that now as there are 200k homes in jordan ranch now

Old 09-27-2018, 08:03 PM

467 posts, read 778,453 times
Elyson has close to 500 Homes on the ground in less than 2 years
It’s booming out there

Great schools

Old 09-28-2018, 12:50 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1153 View Post
Elyson has close to 500 Homes on the ground in less than 2 years
It’s booming out there

Great schools

Cookie cutter McMansions with garages. The houses are all garage and no yard or lot. That's my biggest hangup with new construction. They are booming for builders and people are buying into it.

10 plus years from now, I want my privacy. My own pool. Not no backyard and having to go to the community pool.

South Katy is hella expensive but back then they had the rightaway with how they built houses. North is just all garage, no lot or yard. Pretty but a detach for at least half would make it so much better.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:20 AM

833 posts, read 1,886,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Cookie cutter McMansions with garages. The houses are all garage and no yard or lot. That's my biggest hangup with new construction. They are booming for builders and people are buying into it.

10 plus years from now, I want my privacy. My own pool. Not no backyard and having to go to the community pool.

South Katy is hella expensive but back then they had the rightaway with how they built houses. North is just all garage, no lot or yard. Pretty but a detach for at least half would make it so much better.
If people did not buy them they would not build it. I do agree though. I don't understand the thought process of buying a huge house on lot with only a couple of feet of backyard? I get that not everyone wants a 1/2 acre to 1 acre to spend all their time mowing but you can still have a decent sized yard that kids can play, a dog can run in etc and just buy a little less house.

The irony is it seems these exact same homes are then horrible for resale and very hard to sell. Or even hard to sell built out as inventory homes. Here is a picture of a 70ft wide lot series 400K home in my neighborhood that had way too much house for the lot. The backyard is maybe 6 feet deep and has been on the market forever. If you want zero lot why not just buy inside the city instead of the suburbs.

Attached Thumbnails
Elyson vs. Jordan Ranch-img-25.jpeg  

Old 09-28-2018, 10:45 AM

234 posts, read 425,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtothemak View Post
If people did not buy them they would not build it. I do agree though. I don't understand the thought process of buying a huge house on lot with only a couple of feet of backyard? I get that not everyone wants a 1/2 acre to 1 acre to spend all their time mowing but you can still have a decent sized yard that kids can play, a dog can run in etc and just buy a little less house.

The irony is it seems these exact same homes are then horrible for resale and very hard to sell. Or even hard to sell built out as inventory homes. Here is a picture of a 70ft wide lot series 400K home in my neighborhood that had way too much house for the lot. The backyard is maybe 6 feet deep and has been on the market forever. If you want zero lot why not just buy inside the city instead of the suburbs.

I guess you can classify that house as a "Patio Home"?

Last edited by 96tahoe; 09-28-2018 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: my grammer sucks

Old 09-28-2018, 03:04 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtothemak View Post

I'm sure there's a realtor who will steer their clients towards that house and collect on the BTSA.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:54 PM

467 posts, read 778,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post

Every builder we looked at had over sized lots to build pools on
I havent seen a new neighborhood with detached garages

Old 09-29-2018, 04:20 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,444 times
There are still homebuilders in Katy/Fulshear that do detached garages in master planned communities. I drive by several each day.
Land is expensive, if you want a big yard, go ahead and pay for it either via a lot premium, or buy in an acreage community.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:04 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
There are still homebuilders in Katy/Fulshear that do detached garages in master planned communities. I drive by several each day.
Land is expensive, if you want a big yard, go ahead and pay for it either via a lot premium, or buy in an acreage community.

That's the first new construction I've heard of in years that builds detached. So you gotta go out to the boonies for it? Fulshear is boonies IMO. It's being built. 99 over there is straight up wild west. Cows and just grass.

If things keep progressing, I may end up in Katy and I'm not feeling all the new construction. I know detached and la cucharacha live in garages and them and their peeps need to be feet away from me in their own "house" aka the garage and not just an open door away.

If we end up in Katy, it's gonna be save save to be below I-10 or deep Cypress because attached is A HARD limit for me. I cannot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston